4 Wheel drive won't engage

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Wheel drive won't engage

I have a 2004 lariat, I was driving up a icy road, the tires started spinning and I shifted it into 4H and it did not engage. I stopped and turned the truck off and on and still no 4 Wheel drive. When reading the manual (a little late) it said that you should not put the truck in 4 wheel drive when the wheels are spinning. Is there a way to re-set what I have done? I cant believe I am the first person to pull such a bone head stunt and would think it would be an easy reset. Anybody seen this before and does anybody have any ideas?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
I don't think what you did caused it unless it made some nasty noises when you did it. You are going to have to troubleshoot the 4wd system, do you have a **** or lever system? Will it go into 4 lo? (Neutral, stopped, foot on brake)

Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It did not make any nasty noises, it did not make any noise at all. My truck has a **** not a lever system. The lights go on when you turn the **** from 2h to 4h and 4L but it does not engage. And yes I have tried to put it in 4L with it in neutral, stopped and foot on the brake. When I did put it in 4L the transmission seamed to down shift like it was in 4L but it did not engage. thank you for any help

Quick Reply: 4 Wheel drive won't engage