New to board and F150's

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New to board and F150's

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2000 2wd with some problems. The guy I bought it from used the truck to drive to from work and tow his bass boat. When I got it it had the famous clutch pack problems but the friction additive seems to have helped. I still have a vibration that I can not pin down. It is a shutter when starting from a stop, both moving straight and turning. No vibration at street speeds. I replaced both front rotors and wheel bearings and that help with the braking vibration. The U joints appear to be tight and in good order. The rear U joint has been replaced at one time with a joint with a grease fitting and I greased the joint today. Looking for some guidance.

Newbie Mike

Old 03-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

welcome. its gotta be the rearend still. someone should chime in with more info. in the mean time, use the search feature and search for rearend shutter. you may find a lot of info

Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I think so

I have read alot about the rear shutter so maybe I will try a fluid change. Kind of afraid of that smelly additive again. Might wait till it warms up, my garage stunk for days. I will pull the post in the morning if no other ideas. I love my Ford but if I knew about this rearend problem I don't know if I would have gone this route. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

ya I was going to suggest new oil and new additive but yea, research on here for a bit and you will find more info.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: New to board and F150's