Rear End Gasket.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the gasket yesterday.. it seems like it will fit. It's VERY thin.. like, a few sheets of paper thin, but it will work just fine. Im wire brushing both surfaces first..bolting it on (got some stainless steel bolts with stainless washers).. while im down there im gonna spray some degreaser on the axle housings to make it prettylike.. fun morning ahead

Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the day had arrived. New cover, gasket, and stainless bolts. Removed cover, drained fluid, cleaned the crap out of the mating surfaces, gasket (with tiny amount of RTV) cover (with tiny amount of RTV) bolts in, 33ftlbs, and today, a week and a half later, no leaks. Im happy.

Thanks for all your help for suggestions. I really think this is going to stay sealed.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SteveStLoo
Well the day had arrived. New cover, gasket, and stainless bolts. Removed cover, drained fluid, cleaned the crap out of the mating surfaces, gasket (with tiny amount of RTV) cover (with tiny amount of RTV) bolts in, 33ftlbs, and today, a week and a half later, no leaks. Im happy.

Thanks for all your help for suggestions. I really think this is going to stay sealed.
Yet,another fine ending to why you should use a gasket!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... whatever lol.

i'll stick to my rtv on my rear ends.

Quick Reply: Rear End Gasket.