stuck in 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy stuck in 4WD

I have a 1999 F150 and when I shift out of 4WD it stays engaged in 4WD for sometimes several miles. I had it into the dealer and they flashed the computer and told me there was nothing wrong with it. They said there was bulletin out indicatiing it may take a while before it actually comes out of 4WD. Before this winter it would go in and out on the fly just fine. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks!!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 AM
did you try backing up to release it? i had the fork that engages my 4wd break.(made of plastic can you believe it )) i didn't even know it until the dealer told me since i hadn't used it during the summer months. it was in for something else and they noticed the 4wd wasn't working.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Backing it up will generally get it out of 4WD. The problem is I often am on snow covered city roads and then hit wet or dry pavement on the freeways. I don't get the luxury of backing up to get it out of 4WD.

Thanks!!

Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 PM
I have the same problem, not all the time. At times it shifts fine, others it takes about a mile to release, come out of 4X4. At other times I pull over ,turn the engin off-re start and everything is fine. The dealer says , computer OK, nothing wrong. Like every thing else with this 1999 4X4 super cap.68000 on it-made in Canada is now getting in good shape. Upper and lower ball joints replaced at 28000.Brakes replaced-4 tires replaced at 32000. I will not bring it to FORD dealer, no trust.

Good Luck, pinetree

Lots of SNOW here MAINE

Quick Reply: stuck in 4WD