2007 Escape - coolant temp sensor location???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Escape - coolant temp sensor location???

Hopefully someone here knows where the engine coolant temperature sensor location is on a 2007 Escape 2.3l. The Haynes manual sucks as usual. I've searched for a couple hours online and haven't had much luck. I can't find the Ford service manual for it either.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 02-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by King James
Hopefully someone here knows where the engine coolant temperature sensor location is on a 2007 Escape 2.3l. The Haynes manual sucks as usual. I've searched for a couple hours online and haven't had much luck. I can't find the Ford service manual for it either.
There's a good reason you can't find an ECT sensor, your engine doesn't have one.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
I think he might be trying to say that it has a CHT sensor (cylinder head temperature).

Rock Auto lists a "Temperature sender/sensor" that looks like this:

Old 02-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
There's a good reason you can't find an ECT sensor, your engine doesn't have one.
I've been wondering about that. The 2.3 Mazda used had them. I didn't see any sign of one on the Escape in the same location though. That brings up couple other questions. Both Oreilly and Advance list a CHT and ECT sensor. I wonder why because I did a vehicle specific search. I even bought one from Oreilly. The one I bought looks the same as what glc posted. That doesn't look anything like the CHT.

Since the Escape doesn't have one, what could possibly cause the radiator fans to operate more than normal? Even with the AC off, the fans seem to operate at high speed. They come on shortly after it has been started. Even after sitting overnight. When I first started doing some research, a lot of people mentioned the coolant temperature sensor.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
I would never rely on listings from auto parts sources for complete identification purposes, there's a lot of legacy information that simply wrong because it's been superseded.

Since the Escape doesn't have one, what could possibly cause the radiator fans to operate more than normal?
Since the electric fans are operated by the PCM, you need to look at the inputs that the PCM's strategies use for decision making. That means you need a scan tool capable of reading those values so you can see what might be awry at the PCM's inputs.

Or, you can guess...