Ford's Description of the 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition (Only 15,000 Produced)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice on plug torque. While driving home from work yesterday I spotted another 03 Heritage Edition parked in a driveway. The truck is also located in Beverly, Ma. Thats two near perfect looking Heritage's. The one in the driveway was the maroon and black paint scheme. It also looked to be in excellent condition... no dents, shiney well taken care of paint job. Ill post pics and more info on my truck once I get it back from the dealer.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Wink my father has a heritage edition

Hey guys, my name is Alondra Castaneda live in Durango Mexico and my dad bought a Heritage! is a beautiful and very complete truck only has 26,000 miles and brings all its original accessories but are selling because they do not fit in the garage, 8000 dlls asks for it and nobody wanted to buy it because it seems a high price here in Mexico nobody knows that truck, they think it's like any other f150, do not understand that it is a special edition, here is a photo of the heritage and ask their opinion on the price, good morning!

Name:  Imagen0326.jpg
Views: 3028
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  Imagen0339.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  Imagen0329.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  Imagen0328.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  125.5 KB

Name:  Imagen0327.jpg
Views: 2053
Size:  126.4 KB

Last edited by Alo Castaneda; 12-07-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
sorry, my English a little bad

Last edited by Alo Castaneda; 12-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Thats a beautiful truck, oh and your english is just fine. Im surprised your dad is having trouble selling his down there in Mexico. I paid just about the same price your dads asking for maybe even a little more when all was said in done. Mine however has alot more miles than your dads. 26,000 miles is super low and the truck looks mint.

Wow I wish your dad was selling that truck in my area before I bought mine because it looks super clean. I have the dark grey and black combo but the tan and black also looks nice. I just had the brakes done. The front rotors were fine I just needed pads. The front rotors are cross drilled and slotted which is uber trick in my opinion.

I had orginally thought my brakes were weak but after doing some research I have come to the conclusion that they all have fairly spongy brakes. The pedal feel did improve after the new pads but I find the pedal feel is still mushy especially when the brakes are cold first thing in the morning... Im sure you dont have to worry about cold weather down there .

Thanks for posting pics, I love my truck with a passion. This particular edition really does something for me. I cant explain why... maybe its all the compliments, positive feedback and looks I get while driving it. I have to say this is the first vehicle I feel "attached" to. Post your truck on Craigslist... Im sure someone will bite.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 PM
thank's

Hi, thanks for answering my post and give me your opinion on the heritage of my father, and you know? I think my Dad will quequedarse with that truck because nobody wants to pay 7500 dlls nisiquiera, sorry but that's here in Mexico, I could give good direction "CRAGLIST"? you have a nice evening!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:11 PM
First Owner 2003 Heritage Edition

Hubby and I purchased our Ford Heritage Edition from Brandon Ford in Florida. We love our truck so much that hubby (who always traded every 3 years) still has his. It has about 47,000 miles and we drive it once a week to keep everything operational. Oil changes every 6 months which is a joke to our Ford service center as usually the mileage between changes are less than 300 miles (and that's no joke).

It does not appear that I can upload a photo at this time but we have the burgundy and black model. We are looking at selling it as hubby doesn't drive anymore and we are looking at purchasing a car (getting into the truck is getting too hard).

Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Nice Photos guys! Heres a couple pics of mine.

Name:  DSC00248.jpg
Views: 3816
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0598.jpg
Views: 2949
Size:  144.9 KB

Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Well I own mine in Marinette Wisconsin and there's an older gentleman in menominee Michigan with a stock heritage black and Maroon

The truck - Mine is a 2003 heritage with bull bar, angel eye led headlights, 10k and 8k hids for high and low. 20% tint front windows , nitto grappler A/T tires, cobra cb and dual whips, flow master 40 with rear cats deleted , possibly doing a 3in lift soon...

Stereo mods - Pioneer 80prs head unit, Rockford 0 gauge runs, 2 SSA Xcon 15's, kicker 5/7 door speakers , Hifonics 2400 Brutus amp

I gotta get pics tomorrow from my computer but if you'd like to see the truck in a video as is

Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 AM
i Just bought into the 15,000 heritage club

As of today I am a proud new owner of a 2003 ford f150 heritage edition. brown and black two tone with 99,900 miles. I bought it from a dealer in port richey, Florida. I fell in love with the way it sounds as well as the way it looks. so as i was looking it up online i saw this thread and decided to add mine. one thing i loved was that It has a nice deep growl. I also want some help. I am definitly open to ideas on how to modify its appearance with out changing its basic look. for examples accessories like gas door cover like the one in a picture in the thread. Anything else anyone knows of that is affordable and where i can find it. Also what is the best size tire for this model. I would like a little wider of a tire but also one with a little more versatility. And rims where is the best place to get a good price on rims. What would anyone suggest as far as color. regular chrome, black or maybe back and brown like the two tone color of the truck. any suggestions will be appreciated. Also I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but I cant seem to see the picture i am trying to add of my truck. I am using drop box to add the picture maybe thats why. I will add a link to the picture below and maybe that will work. a little inconvenient to have to click on it but better than nothing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvu5guamwg...%2011%20PM.jpg

Last edited by Mendo; 04-15-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
I got an 03 in Cleveland 130 on clock don't know how to post pic but as soon as I do I will put it on

Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I have to figure out how to post pics myself. I have had my Black and Silver '03 for about 6 months now. I also LOVE the sound of my truck too, especially because it already had an absolutely beautiful Borla dual stainless steel exhaust. It just sounds amazing... nice deep rumble that is tuned perfectly with the automatic tranny. I get a nice deep, loud, rumble at highway speeds and a loud, beefy growl when I accelerate.

I encourage anyone who is interested in upgrade their exhaust to take a good long look at Borla's product line. I bought my truck with 156k on the truck. Its now pushing 164k, I had the dealer replace the upper and lower control arms before I bought it. He also had to replace the rocker panels because they were rusted out. There wasnt a spec of rust anywhere else. The truck looked like it had 20k on it not 156k

Anyone who lives in a cold snowy enviorment should make sure to knock out all the snow that collects on the chrome running board/steps. The Heritage comes stock with nice steps but they have a bad habit of collecting and storing snow right on the underside of the painted rocker panels. Snow loves to collect their and they are know to cause bad rusting on the rockers. Luckily I worked out the repair with the dealer before i bought it.

I had one issue that turned into two issues grrrrrr. I had two ignition coils go bad on the at the same time about two months after I bought the car. I took it back to the dealer who replace 2 bad coils with Accel brand coils. The dealer charged me 300 friggin dollars to do the repair...well about a month later I had another coil go out. I brought it to Autozone because I was going to attempt to change out the coil myself and save some money.

Well it turns out one of the Accel coils the dealer put it **** the bed. The Autozone guys said he sees it all the time and to go with a Dualast coils because the Accels are ****... Anyone doing a coil should stay away from Accel.

I have no idea why the dealer charged me so much to replace the coil in the first place. It literally took me 20 minutes to pop the coil in. I just had to unplug the battery while I did the repair to reset the comptuer. My truck now runs like a Bull again.

I love my Herritage, I still get looks and compliments all the time. I plan on owning and driving it daily until the clock goes way past 200k... Good luck to everyone elso who owns one. Oh and I LOVE the wheels Herittage Ed!

Old 06-09-2013, 12:20 PM
entered in error

Last edited by jjpneb; 06-11-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
They made it with the v6 as an option?

Old 06-09-2013, 12:48 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Manual or automatic?

I would advise you to look up the book value of that truck. With that asking price, you will be keeping it. (Hint - book is about 1/2 that price)

Old 06-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
They made it with the v6 as an option?
Yep, 4.2L 202hp. I never towed anything so it worked out just fine.

Quick Reply: Ford's Description of the 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition (Only 15,000 Produced)