Loose Body bushing nuts??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Loose Body bushing nuts??

Last Monday I dropped off my Mountaineer to a dealership to find out what was causing this "Popping" noise which sounded like up front when I turn the wheel all the way, and when straightening out is when I hear this loud popping noise.

Dealer had the Mounty since Monday have took them 6 days to find out what was causing this noise. They heard it as well, but everyone was puzzled at what was making it. They looked through all the suspension parts, re-tightened everything they could and everything still looked good on the suspension. 6 days later, I get a call saying they finally were able to Pin Point the Popping noise. Told me they have to take out the rear seat and the carpet in the rear to get to the Bolts that hold the body on the frame. Saying the bolts that hold the body are on these bushings are making the Pop noise due to loose bolts and they can only get to them by taking out the rear seat.

I never heard of loose bolts that hold the body into place? have u? I asked them how the heck could these bolts come loose, and they told me they have no idea. I guess he said theres 12 bolts all together that hold the body onto the frame. I can't wait to see the price on this one when I go to pick it up

I mean really... loose bolts that hold the body in place? geez.... I can just imagin stepping on the brakes hard enough, the body flies off the frame sliding down the street due to bad bolts.... this is so messed up

Last edited by mountaineer02v8; 04-22-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is this a true story?

me thinkith youzee runnin outta ideazzzz

or
or

or

your just cursed thats all

...zap!

Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did you figure the body was attached to the frame anyway?

But yes, the body of a vehicle is bolted to the frame to secure it, its been this way since the beginning of cars...and I cant say I have ever heard of the body flying off the frame

Old 04-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Johngs
and I cant say I have ever heard of the body flying off the frame
Could you just imagine how the story would (will?) go when body comes off the Mountaineer's Mountaineer? Damn, I'm laughing at it already...

Old 04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Johngs
...and I cant say I have ever heard of the body flying off the frame

That's hysterical!!!

Old 04-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
That's hysterical!!!
of course...with *HIS* luck, you just never know what can happen

Quick Reply: Loose Body bushing nuts??