Rear View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-1999, 03:52 PM
I95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear View Mirror

This really is not an F-150 truck question,
but it is all related to windshields, I had my rear view mirror fall off my Ford Taurus today. The little metal holder came off the windshield with the mirror while I was adjusting it.

How do you go about putting that little metal
holder back on the windshield. Do I need a special glue?? Or is there something else
I can use? Is this a home fix? Or a dealer
visit?

Thanks for any feedback
99F150 SuperCab 4x4,ORP,TTP,ARE Cap,Duraliner,Gibson Cat Back Single Exhaust, Airad,ICOM Two Meter Ham Radio,RF Concepts Linear Amplifier, Two Watts In, 70 Watts Out.

Old 10-17-1999, 04:45 PM
at any auto parts store and Wal-Mart you can find the special glue used to reattach the mirror to the windshield.

------------------
'97 f-150 XLT V6 auto 3.55 silver reg cab flareside , 6 cd, Lariat floor mats, tonneau, ground effects, tint, glasspack w/ duals, new= ion optics fog lights, cracked windshield (thanks to a dodge caravan). the heartbeat stops here.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8 http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T004.wav

Old 10-17-1999, 07:06 PM
The dealership has a special tool to use that will virtually eliminate the problem. The glue you buy works, but a lot of times not as well. Well, either use the glue, or have it done at a dealership. The more you pay (dealer) the longer it will stay.

------------------
1997 F-150, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, and Lots of TLC!!

Old 10-18-1999, 08:12 PM
I95
Lightbulb

Ponysix8
Went to Walmart today and got the Loctite
Professional Strength Rearview Mirrow
Adhesive. Will give it a try, hopefully
the mirrow won't fall off.

Old 10-18-1999, 09:04 PM
Main thing is to make sure the little **** and the glass are absolutely CLEAN and follow the instructions to the letter.

Old 10-19-1999, 02:08 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

Any glass shop will also re-attach your mirror. It happened to my Land Yacht (Mercury Grand Marquis) when away from home. I just stopped at the first glass shop I came to and they fixed it for $5.
I've glued them on myself but preparation is the key to success. Make sure window is CLEAN before attempting to glue it on.

Quick Reply: Rear View Mirror