Mis-aligned bed..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mis-aligned bed..

Ok, i had to have the fuel pump replaced a few weeks ago. When i got the truck back, i noticed that the bed was shifted on one side and nor aligned with the body. What really made me noticed was my exhaust tip was off by a few inches on one side. I took it back to Pep Boys, where i had the work done, and he shifted the best he could. It now lines up with the cab, but the back is still off. It's even off by the bumper on one side. The mecahanic said that was the best he could do. Now, i am kind of confused, i have never taken the bed off before. If the bolts are lined up and all the bolts are in, how is it off on one side in the back? Are there alignment pins or something? Overall, i will deal with it, it's not a huge concern for me, it's just kind of annoying..

Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is possible for it to have been not perfectly aigned from day one at the factory. Just now that it was grossly off, you are looking for perfection that was never there in the first place. My '10 ain't perfect, but its close........

Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Why would the bed be moved to replace a fuel pump?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Not sure if you have a bedliner or not, but either way just get to the bolts and loosen them a little bit and than you can move the bed to your liking. After I put the body lift on, I didnt align the bed and it drove me crazy.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I guess it was easier to do this than drop the tank.
It's completely possible it was always a little off and i never noticed before..

In a week i won't probably notice at all... maybe when i buy a house in a few months, i will have space to try and and shift it over.. assuming i have any free time, which i probably won't! lol...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse
I guess it was easier to do this than drop the tank.
It's completely possible it was always a little off and i never noticed before..
I checked my F150 and the bed is centered on the cab plus or minus a tenth of an inch. Close enough so you probably wouldn't notice unless you looked for it.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, that as someone who has installed more boxes and bumpers than I care to count, that they honestly are a task measured by "how many fingers" 10 times out of 10. The only ones who measure with a tape are overly fussy owners. 99 people out of 100 wouldn't even notice small discrepancies in their brand new vehicle. How many of you have notices the "dent" in the front doors just below where the belt molding dips? Fix a truck that has been damaged... and suddenly "that dent was never there before". My truck has not perfectly aligned panels all over it, right from the factory line.

Quick Reply: Mis-aligned bed..