Clear Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Paint Protection Film

I just picked up my new 2010 F-150 Platnium and am considering the clear paint protection film. I was hoping someone has some experience with some of these films and can give me an idea of how difficult it is to install yourself.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It took an experienced installed about 4 hours to install the film on my 09 Lariat. I watched him install it and there's no way I could have done it. I make furniture for a hobby so I know how to work with my hands, it's the little tricks and secrets that make the install go well and look good.

If you don't like putting decals on toys/models, you will hate installing this stuff.

If you decide on the 3M clear coated PPF, the 5 year warranty is only valid if it's installed by a trained/authorized installer.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Percy's High Performance makes a do it yourself paint protection product. It is called Super Spray Mask but I think you can just roll it on if you don't have a sprayer.

They have some pictures of the product being placed on a silver corvette using a roller. You can buy the paint protection direct from their website by quart, gallon or 5 gallons. They even have free shipping which is always nice.

Check out the technical document on their site to get more information about the application process.

Quick Reply: Clear Paint Protection Film