Ok dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok dumb question

Alright, I know this is a long shot, locked my keys in my 2005 F-150. Before I break the window, can someone give me a email ? All doors are locked. No power locks, slider locked.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Call a locksmith. Cheaper than the window probably. Then get AAA, free lockout service (I think like 5 in a year.)

Old 11-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Even though it is a few days after the fact and I am sure you solved your problem, I agree with toddlarry. Call a locksmith or a wrecker/tow company. Some tow truck drivers carry auto lockout kits too. Not sure of the cost, but it would be a lot quicker & cheaper than replacing a window I am sure. If you have a baby in the vehicle then by all means break a window on the opposite side of the vehicle if you must.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
smash all the windows over night, then get an insurance claim on vandalism.

BTW you can get your key copied at anywhere, and it will atleast let you inside the doors of the truck, wont start the truck of course, without pats key. Then mount the spare key somewhere inconspicous under the truck.

Even if they say they cant copy the key b.c it wont work, tell them you dont care, just copy it. It WILL work to get you in the door of the truck.
-Patrick

Old 11-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw

BTW you can get your key copied at anywhere, and it will atleast let you inside the doors of the truck, wont start the truck of course, without pats key. Then mount the spare key somewhere inconspicous under the truck.

Even if they say they cant copy the key b.c it wont work, tell them you dont care, just copy it. It WILL work to get you in the door of the truck.
-Patrick
Yeah, at least if someone does find the hidden key - they cant use it to start and steal the truck.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw

-Patrick
ok what did we learn 2day?? we learned that patman keeps his keys under his truck...

Old 11-06-2006, 12:33 AM
smash in the windows overnight good plan lol,

but dont you know your 5 digit code on your door numberpad? If not, call the dealer up and ask then to run your VIN and see if they can figure it out.

Originally Posted by TonkaTruck33
ok what did we learn 2day?? we learned that patman keeps his keys under his truck...
still not as bad as me posting my keyless entry 5 digit code lmao, but I got nothing to hide so..

Last edited by ws6_guyscrew; 11-06-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lockedkeysin200
Alright, I know this is a long shot, locked my keys in my 2005 F-150. Before I break the window, can someone give me a email ? All doors are locked. No power locks, slider locked.
If you're lucky, you may be able to jimmy the sliding window. A thin piece of metal and some gentle pushing on the slider portion, and you may be able to pop the lock. (Shhhh.... you didn't hear that from me)

Pick up a slim jim at Harbor Freight. I used to keep a piece of notched banding steel in my bed just for this purpose. I used to be able to get into my Ranger in about 15 seconds flat. Never had occasion to try it on the F-150 because of the keyless entry door pad.

-Joe

Old 11-06-2006, 05:19 PM
On my '97 I've used a piece of coat hanger or bucket handle numerous times on the slider. You just bend two 90's perpendicular to each other then slide it in and manipulate the catch. I even called my dad and told him how to do it over the phone so he could go rescue my wife at her work one night.

On my old Jeep CJ I used to keep a spare set of keys in a magnet box in the air cleaner, but with locking hoods you have to find a more creative spot.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:49 PM
If you aren't out of warranty yet, Ford also provides free lockout service.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Thumbs up THIS METHOD WILL OPEN A 97-04 F150. Not sure about newer models.

It's actually very simple to open a late model F150, ('97-'04) provided you have two things available: Something to shim the door panel away from the window near where the door lock is, and (this is key to your success) a handle from a 5 gal. pail. A hangar isn't strong enough and most people who own an F150 prolly gotta 5 gal bucket around somewhere! Once you have the handle, straighten one end, leaving the 90-degree short bend alone (that's the part that does the trick) and put a slight bend in the straightened handle so that the small 90 bend is facing the inside of the truck. Once you are able to slide this handle past your shim (carefully...remember...this is tempered glass and will EXPLODE if your careless!) slide handle down about a foot and simply work the area below the door lock until you see the lock actually move. Once you see that happen, you're getting close. Work the handle around until you feel (and see the lock moving) it catch. When you easily pull up, you should start to see the lock raise slightly. You may have to still work around until you feel the handle's 90 bend firmly caught and the lock lifting. At that point when you know you're locked on to the door lock and you're seeing it lift up ever so slightly, add more upwards pressure (do not if you're NOT seeing the lock lifting!) Keep in mind that you're trying NOT to damage anything in this process... Once you're lifting and see the lock going up, you'll need to really add some upward pressure and you will see the lock continue to raise, and keep trying the handle at this time, because once the lock gets high enough, the handle will open! Once done, gently work your handle out next to the shim and then remove the shims. Waalaa. No insurance fraud...No calling a locksmith and spending $50 - $100 (like on a Sunday morning!) and no need to break glass.

In fact, this very morning, a very good friend of mine was getting ready to go home after coming up fishing for the weekend. He went out to start his '99 F150 4-dr. Supercab and got the defroster running and gear stowed for his trip home. I was going to just go back to bed because I was really tired after having some serious fun last night! And just when I thought he was gone and outta here, he comes to my door telling me that he locked his keys in and the engine was running... Chit...So I got up, looked around for some shims and a bucket handle...Check. Then had a cup of coffee and proceeded to demonstrate to my friend the above procedure. Worked like a charm. 5 minutes approximately and he was finally on his way.

Being outside in the cold air kindof took away my being tired and wanting to go back to sleep, so I thought I would register here and maybe help someone else in this predicament. Funny thing is, I wasn't sure if this would work on an F150, as I have only done this on a 2000 Explorer, and I did a google search on unlocking a locked F150 and came across this forum. I didn't see any help, so I had nothing to lose by trying what I knew had worked on my Explorer. It DID and exactly like I described above so I hope this will be helpful for any of you down the road someday! CHEERS and...g'nite. (I think I can go back to sleep now!)

Quick Reply: Ok dumb question