Wiring harness for head unit 2000

Old 12-31-2001, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring harness for head unit 2000

I just got a new head unit for my truck a 2000 supercab with the oem am/fm and cassette, The factory unit has two plugs one square plug with lots of wires and one rectangular with lots of wires, when I look on line they only sell a wiring harness for the square plug what is the other plug for???????????????Thanks in advance

B. sis

Old 12-31-2001, 03:34 PM
I too just put in a new H.U. to replace my am/fm cassette player. I have a 2001 model, so I guess there is no difference between the two. There are two plugs that connect to the back of the factory cassette player. You will be needing the rectangular plug only. I got my H.U. from Crutchfield and it came with a free adapter that you plug into the factory rectangular plug,(This adapter is not the plug that came with your H.U.) This is a special adapter.To install, you simply match the color coded wires from this adaptor to the same wire color on the plug that came with your H.U. Simple as that. It comes with diagram instructions that tell you how to do this. If you want the number to Crutchfield's Technical service it's 1-800-955-9094. And be sure to tell them your vehicle make and model, and the type of H.U. you are installing. If you are installing any of these H.U.'s then they should have the adapter for it: Aiwa, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Jenson, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Sanyo, and Sony. Let me know how it goes.

Old 12-31-2001, 05:09 PM
Thanks Wolverine, Actually I have the scosche adapter that plugs into the stock wiring harness, I just thought I might need 2 since there were 2 plugs, I take it I just let the other hang in the back, thanks for the reply, the stereo I got was the alpine 7871.

Old 12-31-2001, 06:42 PM
Good deal. Just tuck the other plug out of the way and you should be fine. Hope everything turns out OK.

Old 01-02-2002, 09:56 AM
so what does that other connector do? I've got it too but never figured out what its for. I was thinking CD changer or something? Some day I plan on following the wires to see where they go, its too cold lately though.

Old 01-03-2002, 11:31 PM
I BELIEVE THE 2ND CONNECTOR CONTROLS THE DIMMER AND MAYBE THE INTERNAL AMP I HEARD SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT ON THIS BOARD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring harness for head unit 2000