?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?

Well, I have been working with my trucks stereo for about 3 months now but have had around 12 head units in the last couple years or at least had experience with them or helped a buddy install one. I have personally had two pioneer 7300's in to seperate cars, a 6200 in my moms car, a 6300, in my first car, another 7300 in my buddies truck, a few kenwoods here and there, sony, a panasonic in my truck, pioneer 9300, and now the eclipse. Whoever says that eclipse decks suck is severly misinformed. From my experience, people who dont like them usually dont know a thing about sound quality or car stereos for that matter and only care about looks. I will admit, the looks of the Eclipse line of head units is not all that appealing to some people, but I have grown to like it and the quality of sound that it produces makes up for the looks. Dont get me wrong, pioneer makes great products, they are very appealing with sharp graphics, screensavers, movies, and all that other stuff that is unnecessary , but as far as sound quality goes, they do not hold a candle to the eclipse decks. You can ask any car stereo installer who installs high end car stereos. The 9300 has the same performance numbers as the 6300 and 7300, the only difference is teh features, you dont see people with high end stereos that have 600 dollar componets, 500dollar subs and thousands in amps, going out to spend 250 to buy a pioneer deck. Sure there great if you arent really into that and are one of those people who doesnt care that much about a little static, but just try eclipse. I actually had better sound quality from the panasonic that I had, an I also had three seperate 9300's that all did the same thing. Whatever, just my honest opinion.
Shawn

Old 12-24-2001, 07:59 AM
Can you recommend a AM/FM/CD Eclipse for my 01F150. I have an Arc Audio AMp and CDT HD series speakers but now I need to improve the HU. I want RCA outs, and abilitity for EQ. Whats your opinion on the units that do the time delay for position imaging.

Old 12-24-2001, 09:18 AM
From my experience, people who dont like them usually dont know a thing about sound quality or car stereos for that matter and only care about looks
You think? If that was the case, I would own one. I've been thru more head units, I could have opened a freaking store. An the guy who hates his Eclipse, does car stereos and computer set-up an installs for a living. Along with working with Lockheed-Martin for the military. Now I have to tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's just personal preference, an have NEVER experienced any of the problems your talking about ever. I never said I didn't like Eclipse. But, I know who this thread was meant for. Plus, I don't HAVE to ask
any car stereo installer who installs high end car stereos
about performance numbers or features. I knew that already. Next time I have problems about something I've done for almost 15 years, I'll ask you, cause I know nothing SQ or stereos.

Old 12-24-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey buddy, didnt mean to start a really lame war over whos head unit is better. You are completely correct in saying that it is all personal perferance. It is some coincidence that I also work for a smaller private aerospace fabrication business and have also done stereo installs for a living. I have nothing but positive things to say about eclipse other than the fact that they are kinda ugly. I have personally influenced four close friends after also buy eclipse after hearing my stereo and talking to some guys at the local install place.

Haze10- Sounds like you got yourself a good system goin. As far as a good eclipse deck goes, I love my cd8051, but one thing that you have to remember about this deck is that it is entirely for system building meaning that it doesnt have an internal amp, it does have three sets of preamp outputs that put out an incredibly clean 8volt signal. If you need an internal amp, go with the cd5441, it has three sets of 5v pre outs as well as an internal amp to run speakers. Whatever you decide, let us kno if you get an eclipse deck and what you think of it. I guarantee you will be satisified.
Shawn