Aftermarket CD changer that is radio controlled????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Aftermarket CD changer that is radio controlled????

Are there any aftermarket CD changers that are compatible with the stock radio in my F150 that I can install and control with my stock radio controlls? I really want to get a changer that is not FM modulated and that I can use the receiver buttons to control. The dealer wants way too much money for a changer.

Another question. Who manufactures the stock audio for the F-150?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Just picked up my 2002 XLT Supercab last night. First Ford, first truck, absolutely love it. Can't wait to get the bed liner, mud guards, and bug deflector installed next week.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:20 AM
No there are no aftermarket units that can be controlled by the factory head. The Ford Head units are made by Visteon. The Ford changer is made by Clarion but modified to communicate with the Visteon head.

Old 12-21-2001, 12:34 PM
Yes there are...

I can't remeber the makes, but you can go out to Crutchfield.com and look around. They have changers that can be operated via factory head units.
Another option is to go to a reputable car audio shop and ask them if an adapter is available (one made by a company called P.I.E) to allow you to operate an aftermarket changer via your factory deck.
All of this is based on the assumption that your deck already has the controls necessary to operate the factory changer

Old 12-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Abulluck:
As Norm said .... There are NO aftermarket units. Do a search on this forum ... there must be a hundred threads ... and the answer is: NO !!!!
The good news ... try the classified adds on this web site or go to http://www.radiosandmore.com/ ... as a matter of fact, they're running a special on the ford cdchanger and harness - - $300. Note:As Multi said ... you're head unit MUST have a "CD" button on the face/ control panel to use the cdchanger.
I highly recommend combing through the archives for more info, e.g., where to install/ mount, etc.
Best of luck and Merry Christmas ... sounds like a nice holiday already with a new 2002 Supercab.

Old 12-21-2001, 02:37 PM
Again...

Give a shop a call... Give Crutchfield a call. Changers ARE made to integrate with Ford factory radios and there ARE adapters that mate aftermarket changers to factory decks. You need to ask an expert if there are models specific to your truck (no offense FedEx )

Try this link to Crutchfields site:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...9CDC6F&o=P&a=0

It can't hurt to call someone.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:31 PM
Smile

Multimedia:
Nice job finding that aftermarket cdchanger. Just goes to show why this web site is such a great source of (emerging) info. Thanks for straightening me out - - I'm (now) your humble servant !!
Abulluck:
Be sure and call http://www.radiosandmore.com/ before making a final decision. They have great customer service and availability.

Old 01-07-2002, 10:15 AM
Multimedia, that unit does not work with all Ford HUs and is no longer available.

Old 01-07-2002, 01:56 PM
I'll sel ya my stereo stuff outa my 2002 Lightning. Radio and 6disc changer. Let me know

Old 01-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Hmmmm

abulluck, call a local car audio shop. They can get what you need. However, be sure no to get raped. Inform yourself as best you can (check the site FedEx has recommended). Most shops will sell you anything. Good luck

If you have any problems, drop me an email. I have a few shops around here that know me. I'll ask around.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket CD changer that is radio controlled????