Playstation 2 install?

Old 12-04-2001, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playstation 2 install?

Has anyone done a Playstation 2 install in their truck? Since I hear this unit also plays DVD's I thought I could put one in my Supercrew and get a game machine and movie player in one. Any input is appreciated.
Also wondering about a source for the power adapter necessary to convert it to 12 volt.
Thanks in advance-
Crewl1

Old 12-04-2001, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how the pros to it. You could hard wire a power inverter (DC to AC) that had normal recepticle plugs on it. If I had an Expedition, I would seriously consider a PS2 install for those road trips, but I try not to drive the Lightning too much, so I'm not gonna do it.
Check with some local stereo shops, ask how they do it, just act like you want to buy one.

Old 12-04-2001, 03:35 PM
Haven't looked at a PS 2 specifically, but it is probably already DC powered. I had a Nintendo in my old truck and just bought a DC to DC converter from Radio Shack. I think the Nintendo used 6 or 9 volts DC. Just read on the power adapter and it will tell you what voltage you need.

Old 12-04-2001, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it is DC Powered, saw one on the automotive video display at Circuit City last week, could get either a VHS player, a DVD player or a PS2 as the headunit for an Auto video system.... it does play DVD movies......

Old 12-07-2001, 02:43 AM
only bad thing is that they have absolutely no skip protection built in so if it is ruff at all you can kiss that good bye

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Playstation 2 install?