I want to leave my stock tape deck in and add a cd changer and new speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I want to leave my stock tape deck in and add a cd changer and new speakers.

I have the std ford tape deck for my 98 f-150 XL. I want to upgrade the sound system by leaving the deck and adding a cd changer and new speakers. Someone told me that my deck isn't equipped to add a changer. Is that true? What would some good low price speakers to add?

Old 11-25-2001, 02:01 AM
If you want, you can get an RF-Modulated CD changer. This is what I have in my '97. They cost anywhere from $125.00-$200.00.

It's quite simple but I would rather have spend a few hundred dollars and bought a Ford CD player on eBay.

The RF-Modulated CD Changer I have holds 10 discs and is sends a signal through the FM radio on a preset channel. You plug the changer into the antena behind the tapedeck and simply tune to the station the CD changer is programed for when you want to listen to a CD. It has a wired and wireless remote.

It really does work well but you need to mount the control pad someplace on the dash.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AJ

Show me a picture of where you mounted the control panel.

Old 11-30-2001, 04:43 PM
weadjust

I don't have pictures, but mine is mounted(double sided tape) on the dash behind the auto-shifter. The wiring is run under the left side of the radio/temp controls trim ring. It doesn't stand for would-be thieves in this location either.

Hope this helps
REDBUCK50

Quick Reply: I want to leave my stock tape deck in and add a cd changer and new speakers.