has anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question has anyone done this?

with concern to my last few posts, has anyone hooked up new cd reciever to their factory speakers? and if so,what brand?how much power is it putting out? and last but not least, does it sound good? thanks in advance. any help would be greatly adorned.

Old 10-30-2001, 08:31 PM
I think most people start with replacing the speakers, its the cheapest mod and gives a great initial improvement. HUs are usually next.
I initially installed four Pioneer speakers and then went to an Alpine HU. Outstanding improvement. Next stop, subwoofer.
Sorry if I'm not much help.

Old 11-13-2001, 07:01 PM
I started by installing a Clarion 615 HU. It sounded much better than the stock deck with the stock speakers. I didn't like the deck though, it looked really rice. I replaced it with the Alpine 7873, which sounds great, then replaced all the speakers, added an amp, and a sub...

Mitch

Old 11-13-2001, 08:18 PM
I had the exact opposite experience with the "premium sound" in my Screw. I actually thought the stock stuff sounded pretty good then I installed my Kenwood KDC MP8017 with the stock speakers. It really didn't sound as good as the stock head unit. Even after I changed out all four speakers, the sound wasn't as good as the stock system. I took everything back to CircuitCity for tweaking, added an amp and custom 10" sub. The difference is like night and day versus the Ford "premium" system. All four speakers and the sub are amped. Great sound.

Hey Joseph, what are looking to get out of your system? I'm asking because if you're looking to get more sound out you're stock speakers that's gonna be hard to do because they're not very good to begin with, especially if you're adding an aftermarket HU to them. If I had it to do all over, I'd would just try adding a sub to my stock system and see what that gets me. I really like being able to play a hundred or so songs on a single CD so the switch out over the stock was worth it to me.

Correct if I'm wrong, but the stock HU are somewhat ampflied in that they have a built in amp? I think that gives everything a little more umph and IMO makes the sound decent if not good.

Anyway, good luck in your search. Keep us posted on your upgrade!