Deh-1300 Pioneer Cd Reciever

Old 10-28-2001, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Deh-1300 Pioneer Cd Reciever

I HAVE A 2001 F-150 XL, AND I WAS WONDERING IF THE FACTORY SPEAKERS IN THE TRUCK CAN HANDLE THE 20 WATTS RMS/45 PEAK, THAT THE DEH-1300 PIONEER CD RECIEVER PUTS OUT...? WOULD IT SOUND DISTORTED OR BE TO MUCH FOR THE FACTORY SPEAKERS TO HANDLE? WOULD THEY SOUND OBNOXIOUS AND MUDDY? I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE DOOR COVERS OFF AND MESS THOSE UP PUTTING COMPONENT SPEAKERS IN, SO THIS IS WHY I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS. I'M THINKING THEY JUST MIGHT SOUND DECENT SINCE THERE'S ONLY 20 WATTS RMS GOING INTO THEM, IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO OR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT CD PLAYERS AND SPEAKERS ETC.,PLEASE WRITE BACK. THANK YOU.

Old 10-29-2001, 08:54 AM
Depends on the listening levels you plan. RMS watt levels are always questionable, both with speakers and HUs. I doubt the speakers will handle 20 watts and still sound clear. I installed the CDT Audio HD52 briax components in my door for the same reaon. The tweeter is mounted over the driver, so you don't have to cut any other holes. It sounds great, but it will always be better with an amp. I ran mine off the HU first and it was good, the amp made it better. If you go this route email and I can go into detailed installation tips.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by haze10
Depends on the listening levels you plan. RMS watt levels are always questionable, both with speakers and HUs. I doubt the speakers will handle 20 watts and still sound clear. I installed the CDT Audio HD52 briax components in my door for the same reaon. The tweeter is mounted over the driver, so you don't have to cut any other holes. It sounds great, but it will always be better with an amp. I ran mine off the HU first and it was good, the amp made it better. If you go this route email and I can go into detailed installation tips.

Old 10-29-2001, 10:08 AM
Question are you sure?

Originally posted by Joseph wyatt
thanks for the reply HAZE 10. i called cruthfield catalog and asked about a kenwood head unit i have and if it would sound good with the factory speakers- it puts out 22 watts rms, and the guy said "sure, they should sound pretty good." and i'm thinking "ok"??? if the pioneer puts out only 20 watts rms, why should'nt it sound good. i have two different opinions but im leaning more towards yours because he's problably trying to make his commission selling me a cd player and he would problably say anything to do it. but i still dont want to take my door covers off to put speakers in there unless it's completely nessessary or it's just pretty easy to do. please send me some installation tips anyways. thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2001, 10:12 AM
Question will it work?

Originally posted by Joseph wyatt
thanks for the reply HAZE 10. i called cruthfield catalog and asked about a kenwood head unit i have and if it would sound good with the factory speakers- it puts out 22 watts rms, and the guy said "sure, they should sound pretty good." and i'm thinking "ok"??? if the pioneer puts out only 20 watts rms, why should'nt it sound good. i have two different opinions but im leaning more towards yours because he's problably trying to make his commission selling me a cd player and he would problably say anything to do it. but i still dont want to take my door covers off to put speakers in there unless it's completely nessessary or it's just pretty easy to do. please send me some installation tips anyways. thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2001, 10:45 AM
Speakers should have been the first to go. Generic stock speakers are always worse than aftermarket. Besides, they don't cost that much.

Old 10-29-2001, 09:34 PM
Talking WILL THIS WORK?

DO YOU THINK A JVC HU WITH 16 WATTS RMS WOULD ACCOMMODATE ABOUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF POWER FOR THE STOCK FACTORY SPEAKERS? I WANT TO KEEP THESE SPEAKERS FOR NOW SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE?

Old 11-01-2001, 06:51 PM
The Pioneer will sound great with the factory speakers...and even better with after market speakers. The is no cause for concern about blowing or distorting the speakers with 20 or 22 watts RMS. I ran my head with the factory speakers until the compression horn 6x8's came out, and it sounded fine. Good luck with your choice!!!

Old 11-02-2001, 07:47 PM
I'll admit I know a lot more about home audio than car audio, but I don't see any reason why the same shouldn't apply:

You are more likely to blow out a speaker by driving it with a lower power amp, because when the amp starts clipping it will put out spikes that are what damages speakers. If you get the head unit with more power, and don't turn it up to the point of distortion, you should be fine.

Everyone else is right, tho, that stock speakers are usually pretty crappy.

Bottom line, get the head unit, don't turn it to the point where it is distorting, and you should be good.

Old 11-13-2001, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 12Vrep
The Pioneer will sound great with the factory speakers...and even better with after market speakers. The is no cause for concern about blowing or distorting the speakers with 20 or 22 watts RMS. I ran my head with the factory speakers until the compression horn 6x8's came out, and it sounded fine. Good luck with your choice!!!

How do you like the XM radio?? This is really starting to catch my eye, sounds really cool. How is the sound quality, reception, etc?? I am considering a new HU and replacing all of the stock speakers and removing the stock cd changer, and installing a single cd/xm radio HU.
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deh-1300 Pioneer Cd Reciever