01 F150 XLT stereo help.....

Old 09-10-2001, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 F150 XLT stereo help.....

I have a 2001 F150 XLT 4X4 regular cab pick up with the premium head unit and CD changer. I want to replace the stock stereo system with a Kenwood CD head unit, KGC-6042A EQ, Kenwood KAC-649S amplifier, MB Quart PSC 316 3 way components for the front stage and 10" Thunder 6000's in a Amplified Thunderform box for the rear. I do not think I am not going to use any rear speakers except for the subs. I am wanting to use the MB's with the tweeter and the 4" in Q-Logic kickpanels and the 6 1/2's in the stock door location. The MB's recommend 60 - 130 watts so I was wanting to use the amp to bi-amp the the MB Quart crossover. I want to run the amp in the Thunderform box straight from the sub output on the EQ. With this set up I should have good adjustability from the driver's seat. I want to use a Kenwood since I can get distributor prices through my employer. Some of my questions are: Which head unit? 416S? 516S? Excelon? Will this work? Different ideas? Any experience with Q-Forms...good...bad...ugly? How about the Thunderforms? I do not have alot of room since it is a regular cab pick up so I am trying to stay a little compact. I also drive this truck daily. I am not trying to build a competition system but I do want something that will make Clapton rock ;}. Opinions? Ideas? Thanks for any and all advice...

Old 09-28-2001, 09:33 AM
radio

Do you want to sell your radio? e-mail me at mhcieslinski@msn.com

Old 09-28-2001, 12:53 PM
Your setup sounds good. I would recommend the excelon. It will give you the most control over the sound quality.
I wonder about using the 3 way setup upfront though. By having the door speaker up so high, the sound will have different path lengths to the ears.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 F150 XLT stereo help.....