What the @#*$ is up with my CD player?

Old 08-19-2001, 09:31 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the @#*$ is up with my CD player?

Hey, need some help fellas! I've had my truck for almost a month now and everything is ship shape except for the CD player. At first you could just hardly hear the cd spinning, now the disc spin is louder than any cd player i've ever heard. Lately it's been skipping on almost every cd i put in. I've even tried brand new cd's, so i know they aren't scratched up or anything. Yesterday, i have so friend in my crew and the cd player kept skipping and it wouldn't even play a brand new cd! It said bad disc on the display after about 10 seconds of trying to play... What is the usual procedure at the dealership for replacing the in dash cd player? I just know it will miraculously work fine when i try to show them. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Old 08-20-2001, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I read recently, there is a problem with heat building up in the deck. The replacement deck has a small cooling fan on the back corner. I would imagine there is a TSB on the issue (or will be before long). Take it back and ask them about it... preferably when it's doing it.

-Joe-

Old 08-26-2001, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it is skiping alot you might have a bad head in the unit or its dirty if it is still under warrenty take it back and get it fixed if not now is the time to put in a aftermarket system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What the @#*$ is up with my CD player?