Audio System Start-up Mode

Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio System Start-up Mode

About half the time when I start up the truck (2012, XLT, 5.0L) the audio system comes up in SYNC/USB mode and continues playing whatever track it was on when I shut it down (I have always shut the truck down with a USB thumb drive plugged in, and usually playing). Other times, the system comes up in FM Radio mode. In either case, all SYNC commands and the audio system in general, seems to work OK.

I can't seem to correlate the length of time that the truck is "off" or any other startup / shutdown circumstances, to whether the system will come back up in USB mode or FM Radio mode. I called the Ford SYNC help number, and she had no clue, but took my "bug" report anyway (and probably trashed it after my call)...I spoke to the dealer and they had no idea, either.

Has anybody else observed that the audio system seems to "forget" what mode it was in, when it was last shut down? It's no really big deal, just an annoyance to sometimes have to push the AUX button on the radio again to select SYNC/USB mode if I want to hear my tracks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audio System Start-up Mode