Long time no see!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time no see!

Hey guys,

Just thought I would stop back by and say hey to those of you I haven't spoken to in quite some time. I sold the truck and have a Honda :o now. Just couldn't afford the gas any more (well just to cheap to spend the money on gas). Anyway, give me a shout. I will still drop back by every so often to help out here so I am not totally gone just in and out more sporadically. Anyway, if you have a question you can come see me at the www.investingpub.com/forum I go by y2kstang over in those neck of the woods. Anyway there is some good info over there as well. Come check it out if you have a minute and say hey.

Old 07-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha, I just made a post in the HU section when I noticed you. (kinda got excited when I saw your name , Iv been wondering where youve been for the past couple months)

Anyway, hows the shop coming along? I suppose your all set up and going by now huh?

Old 07-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Well the shop is in a holding pattern for the time being. I couldn't seem to find a location that would fit the budget. Well large part is that and that I had a job offer come up that I just couldn't turn down. I still have intentions of opening a shop it has just been placed on the back burner for now. I am looking into more part time ventures for now. That and I think my focus has changed more toward the home hi/fi theater arena. I think I will be making up a set of home speakers from some parts and build a custom zobel to help them out a bit and see what happens. Would you be interested in a pair for the house? I want to build a few to trial out to some people where they merely incur the cost of the materials. So essentially a pair of home speakers that would retail for probably around $250-400 for about $80-100. Anyway I thought I would give it a try anyway. Just have to go through the prototyping first so I am still 6 months away from the first production pair but the beta versions while ugly sound great.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah I do remember you having trouble finding a location.

Ive also been getting interested in home audio a little more. Depending on the cost I would love to try some trial ones. 80-100 doesnt sound to bad if I can scrape that up.
Let me know.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Bartak,

You could just order the parts and I can give you plans to build it yourself since your handy with the tools anyway. The build will be easy and the parts readily available. I just want to do some testing here first to get them sounding just right and then I will send you the plans. I will be using the NEO-8 planar ribbon along with a conventional driver, notch filter and passive x-over probably 12db/octave. They will not be super loud players but more for near field monitors for reference playback. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I have to experiment more with the conventional driver and figure out which one will work best in this configuration so it will probably be at least 6 months before I get all prototyping out of the way and some finalized plans. Anyway, I will let you know because I really just need several different sets of ears to give me feedback on the final design.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Same here. I don't come around as much. Still have my truck though and still love it. Funny how things just go around in circles. I see the same questions asked now as I asked when I joined. Still a great place to learn.

Last edited by Dupuis; 07-13-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by cgorris
Bartak,

You could just order the parts and I can give you plans to build it yourself since your handy with the tools anyway. The build will be easy and the parts readily available. I just want to do some testing here first to get them sounding just right and then I will send you the plans. I will be using the NEO-8 planar ribbon along with a conventional driver, notch filter and passive x-over probably 12db/octave. They will not be super loud players but more for near field monitors for reference playback. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I have to experiment more with the conventional driver and figure out which one will work best in this configuration so it will probably be at least 6 months before I get all prototyping out of the way and some finalized plans. Anyway, I will let you know because I really just need several different sets of ears to give me feedback on the final design.
Sounds good, let me know.

Quick Reply: Long time no see!