Aux input on audiophile cd-changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BristolF150
Ugly news...the word from Blitzsafe now is the harness they will be releasing will only work with the sat button and NOT the aux button...back to drawing board.
I saw that on their site too Bristol - and I am disappointed.

On to find other solutions...

It surely seems that if the factory dvd player uses this connection and works fine (which we know it does) it seems like we should be able to get one of those connectors - and hack it apart for our needs.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the wiring harness from the dvd player ? I don't imagine you would find too many in the junkyard yet.

This simply can not be that hard - who ever makes the current dvd connector could likely make these in a few days time.

Kirk

Old 01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Got an idea, shoot it down if its no good.......

After talking to the dealer about this satelite radio issue (which they seemed to know very littel about, so this info could be dead wrong), it seems to me that the expedition head units have the necessary SAT button.

I then pushed him to find out if that radio would fit in my 04 F150, and he asked around, and seemed to think it would. Any chance of finding an expedition head unit and swapping it with the one currently in there? Would you lose functionality of steering wheel controls, audiophile system, etc?

Let me know what you guys think. I'd love to get satelite radio in the truck asap.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I think if I was going to go through all the trouble of swapping out the head unit I would invest the money in a good high wattage aftermarket stereo (sat ready) instead of another crappy Ford head unit. My 2 cents...

Old 01-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I've thought about that.....

but, I would rather not have to deal with (at least initially) having to worry about having an aftermarket one stolen. I have had 2 stolen out of previous cars. Also, for now, I would like to maintain the factory look.

I would imagine it would be considerably cheaper to find one pulled out of the expedition (if it indeed works).

Anybody know if that would really work. And I assume the audiophile system and controls would be the same in the two??

Old 01-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Something I asked on another thread, but didn't get any response.

Something else I was thinking about. The Ford accessory website has a hand's free cellphone prep kit listed. I'm assuming this is so that if your cell phone rings, it mutes the radio so you can talk. But does it pump the sound of the call over the speakers or just through a headset/earpiece? If it does pump the sound through the vehicles speakers, is there anyway to use this as an aux adapter? Plug in your xm/sirius/ipod into the handsfree harness somehow and have it play over the radio. Basically fool the radio into thinking the device is a cell phone. THe biggest problem I can see even if it did work would be that it might want to mute the radio and go to the device as soon as its plugged in, meaning you would need to be able to unplug it to use the radio/cd player normally. Anyone got any ideas on this or is it a shot into the dark? Or am I completely wrong and do the kits not work that way at all?

I'm doubting it would work, but thats my contribution to the thread, lol. I want to find a solution as much as everyone.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Aftermarket HUs are more likely to be stolen, thats why its nice to keep the factory one.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jinjimbob
Aftermarket HUs are more likely to be stolen, thats why its nice to keep the factory one.
True, but there are plenty of aftermarket stereos you can buy with a removable faceplate. I know its kind of a hassle, but might be worth it for the extra wattage you'll be getting.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:00 AM
You know, my question is just what in the hell is that "Aux" button actually good for?

I cannot get an intelligent answer from Ford. Usually the look I get is like a dog trying to read a watch. Its just slightly preferable to masturbating with a cheese grater

Old 01-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by MrZ2u
You know, my question is just what in the hell is that "Aux" button actually good for?

I cannot get an intelligent answer from Ford. Usually the look I get is like a dog trying to read a watch. Its just slightly preferable to masturbating with a cheese grater
I believe someone else mentioned in an earlier post the Aux button works with the factory DVD player. I don't have one so not exactly sure how it interfaces.

Old 01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by BristolF150
Ugly news...the word from Blitzsafe now is the harness they will be releasing will only work with the sat button and NOT the aux button...back to drawing board.
whats the difference between a sat and an aux?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by purpony
I'd like to know too.

It seems as though Blitzsafe is like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 AM
It seems that an AUX button should be a generic input into the head unit, basically allowing access to the speakers and volume controls only.......

Is this too obvious a way to look at the purpose of this button?

Old 02-03-2005, 05:25 PM
_SG
I have been doing some research on this, and I too am getting mixed signals. I spoke to an installer at CarToys a few days ago, and he says he has a AUX adapter that will work with the factory HU (04/05 Audiophile w/ built in CD/MP3 changer). I think he said it was a "DSP" brand, but I can't find a reference to it online.

I have read hat the connection on the back of the HU is a CANBus connection (see: http://www.can.bosch.com) which makes this integration a little more difficult I suppose.

Basically as far as I can tell, the AUX button was engineerd for the DVD player only, and if you want to loose the wires, it's FM modulation.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by purpony
i read that the AUX button is only on the 6-CD headunit with audiophile. the 6-CD headunit without audiophile has a SAT button. i can't guarantee that 100%, but that's what i read somewhere.

so if you have a 6-CD non-audiophile, post up what button you have (AUX or SAT).

i have the 6-CD audiophile and i have the AUX button (2004 supercrew lariat).

it could also depend on year/model of the radio and/or 6-CD vs. single CD headunit.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
I have 6 Disc/MP3 player in mine, but it is NOT audiophile....

it has the useless AUX button.

Quick Reply: Aux input on audiophile cd-changer