Moaning noise after intake install!!!!

Old 03-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solution for Airforce One moan

On the Airforce one you retain the black box that connects up to the intake right before the Trottle body, ...i got rid of my moan by getting a few hose clamps and clamping each hose down, (the airforce one has clamps on every other connection 'cept those two.)

Stopped it cold.....no more noise

Update: drove it alot last night, noise is back....everything is tight and everythign is there, no missing pieces....????

Last edited by BZ'sXLT; 03-03-2002 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:33 PM
I just installed a Volant Cold Air Intake kit and I had the same moaning problem. I had removed the "black box" when I installed my Intake kit. I have since re-installed the "black box" and the moaning is gone. Wow, what wonders are found in this little "black box".

Old 03-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Hey TN_Triton,
How much was your Volant system? The lowest price I found was $250??!! I love the look, and the percieved benefit of a closed system, but I paid $180 for my K&N model a couple of years ago. I can't bring myself to pay that much for the Volant.,,,,98

Old 03-05-2002, 05:32 PM
mine did the same thing, but a few weeks ago, I took the K&N hose and cut about 1 inch off, it looks as though it will flow better. I havn't had anymore noises. Mine came at really low temps, and this last weed has been in the 20's and no problem.

Old 03-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Volant Cost

98SCREAMER-
I purchased it from www.JCWhitney.com for $262.95. Shipping was free for any purchase over $250. I have been very pleased with the outcome of the Volant Intake. I purchased it for the "cool air" benefits.

Old 03-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

I was afraid of that I remember when JC Whitney had the "lowest" prices. I guess they will go down in price eventually.,,,,98

Old 03-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Wink the cure

I had this same problem with my k&N GenII I installed the "black box" didn't help. I called K&N they said there was too much air going through this Black box so I installed the little plastic piece that originally held that hose into the stock air tube.(The piece is 2" long and alot narrower than the hose) I installed this between the black box and the air tube, you have to use hose clamps to tighten it down because the hose inside diameter is larger than the black pieces outside diameter. This decreases the air flow, eliminated the moan. However the black triton cover won't fit but it's worth the payoff. Let me know if you need more info!

Old 03-31-2002, 10:43 AM
I too had been saddled with the "moosing" for 2 years now (only when its cold outside). I was at the point of taking the whole thing off and going back to stock, when I read this post. I just used the bypass hose that came with my K&N FIPK instead of the "black box". I reinstalled the black box (cut off some of the long nipple and cut the hose to just the right length) and the moosing is GONE!!!!!! I even got it to fit under the plastic cover!!!! Awesome!!! I cant tell you how much happier I am now. You guys saved me.
Thanks, Qrazy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moaning noise after intake install!!!!