Front bumper on 08 alignment - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Other Aftermarket
Front bumper on 08 alignment >

Front bumper on 08 alignment

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Does anyone know if it possible.to correct a misaligned front end bumper. Seems there was a minor collision on front end and would like to correct with do it yourself methods...will post pics soon

Old 02-04-2016, 11:42 AM
It is slightly adjustable. I'm not sure how, but try doing a search on here and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Technical Article Contributor
As said, only slightly. Left and right only. A mishaped bumper will never line up. But OE bumpers don't seem to line up on '04/'08s.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:13 PM
Any luck on this?
I have the same problem with a 2010 F-150:
Not really seeing any change of shape, but driver's side seems pushed in about 3/16 inch: just enough to notice.

Haven't had the truck long, and it was dark last night when it happened...bumped into something low that I didn't see..
(Did I say that I haven't had it long? ;-)

~25 years ago, I had a 10+ year old K-car, (pre-airbag) and did similar mistake , with similar results, except that car had a full wrap soft vinyl bumper cover, so it masked much of the 1 1/2 inch misalignment...However, on closer inspection, I saw that the designer had specified an actual shock-absorber for the mount: it was SUPPOSED spring in & out, but after 12 years and +100 K miles on the road, rust built up on the 'moving' parts that had never moved that far before, and it stuck in a compressed position...It still had pressure, though - a few moderate whacks, and it popped right back out...

SO...I was sort of hoping there might be a similar DIY solution for this one, like loosening a few bolts, and shifting it a bit... It's less than 1/4 inch.

Anyone have experience, or advice on this ?

TIA!

CH

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front bumper on 08 alignment

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: