Scanguage II AVG MPG accuracy

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scanguage II AVG MPG accuracy

It seems to be decently accurate. Have any of you that have built in AVG MPG seen much of a difference when comparing?

I've taken my miles decided by gallons used to fill up and compared with a full non stop highway drive and my Scanguage was only .5 mpg off.

This was 35-50 mph stop and go driving today. I'd like to think my mpgs have gotten a little better since I dropped the nose of the truck 2" and went back to stock sized tires.

Scanguage II AVG MPG accuracy-hb65cdn.jpg

Old 09-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The Scangauge computes nothing. It only reads what the pcm reads and computes. Yes, the system is pretty accurate for the average driver. If you drive by the instant mileage you can beat the pcm by upwards of 2 mpgs easily. I do it all the time. Now that you have one, you'll find it hard to drive without one. If you tow, they are an extreme gauge of information.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Labnerd
The Scangauge computes nothing. It only reads what the pcm reads and computes. Yes, the system is pretty accurate for the average driver. If you drive by the instant mileage you can beat the pcm by upwards of 2 mpgs easily. I do it all the time. Now that you have one, you'll find it hard to drive without one. If you tow, they are an extreme gauge of information.
Trust me, I can't live without it now. I've had it since December. Bought an extra cable and bring it along with me in other vehicles when on road trips.

So are you saying, my instant mpgs, are normally 2 higher than it reads or are you talking about the instant mpg built into the truck? My xl doesn't offer that.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 09-26-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is awesome. I have been going back and forth between this and the UltraGauge for sometime now. Maybe I'll pull the trigger soon.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CDIESEL
That is awesome. I have been going back and forth between this and the UltraGauge for sometime now. Maybe I'll pull the trigger soon.
I'd highly recommend SG. I've heard a lot of complaints about the ultraguage and that its warranty is terrible.

I think Labnerd was actually the one who said that?

Quick Reply: Scanguage II AVG MPG accuracy