Best Do-It-Yourself bedliner?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stormtrooper ftw haha or oreo

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the deal with your d-ring setup? Did you make some mounts for them or are they just bolted through the holes in the frame rail?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Looks good! I've been thinking about doing the Al's Liner PTM kit on my rockers and bumpers. They are so chipped up from rocks and junk from going to the hunt club and just driving around

Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
theres holes in the front of the frame and i just stuck a 3/4" bolts through it and the D ring. the bedliner has a nice texture for being like $10 a can, i'm satisfied with it

Old 04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I've got a DualLiner in my truck, a 5 piece bed liner with a rubber mat. 2 years later and still looking good...

Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Dualliner is pretty expensive

Originally Posted by FordToughJeremy
I've got a DualLiner in my truck, a 5 piece bed liner with a rubber mat. 2 years later and still looking good...
Spray-lining a truck bed is the way to go compared to a drop in type liner. I love the look of Line-X spray-lining. It's hard and keeps it's color really well. It's a more permanent process, but I think it's the most dependable. Whether you go with Rhino Lining, Line-X orSpray-Lining I am pretty sure you will get a pretty solid product. They all have different formulas and I think it's hard to really set one apart from the other in quality. Polyurea, polyurethane, polyurea hybrid, etc..... It's all quality stuff. SOme people probably working for the companies **** talk each other like they are superior in all regards. Don't believe that BS.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by golden-lariat
My truck had some sort of DIY bedliner in it when I bought it. It will not stand up to anything it is all peeling off and anything I slide in the bed tears the liner all up. I would seriously look into line-x before you DIY.
Did you wait the full cure time before putting anything in the bed?

Last edited by johnsnowkornar; 08-03-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by golden-lariat
My truck had some sort of DIY bedliner in it when I bought it. It will not stand up to anything it is all peeling off and anything I slide in the bed tears the liner all up. I would seriously look into line-x before you DIY.
To be sure, on the off chance that you discover these items intriguing, take a look at what the web brings to the table and you will see that these shower on bed liners are so flexible for ventures all around the home, that a few people have assembled whole room styles around the surfaces, and even covered their whole vehicles with them. Make sure to seek out us soon, for more items intended to enhance the life and administration of your vehicles.

Last edited by johnsnowkornar; 08-03-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:43 AM
glc
Received 755 Likes on 701 Posts
Line-X is not DIY.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I have Line-X. I think it's a good product.

Line-X is installed by a trained franchisee. They do all the prep work that you wouldn't do, and do it correctly. Beyond that, they are using whatever sprayer & compressor, set to whatever PSI, that Line-X prescribes.

When you perform your own installation, the home installer typically messes up right from the beginning. They don't do the prep correctly. From there on in, no matter how good of a job you do of spraying evenly, the material will not correctly apply. That's like spending $100 a gallon on paint, then wondering why it's peeling off your house. You have to spend the time, and perform the prep process correctly.

My local Line-X dealer's daughter works at the shop. She is hot. That is all the marketing he needed to get me in the door.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:35 PM
I think most people agree that Line-X is one of the best known professionally applied bedliners, but I echo glc's comment that Line-X is NOT DIY.
There are a lot of reasons people choose to go the DIY route.... ability to fully customize, lower cost, just plain the feeling of pride in doing it themselves, etc.

Anyway... there are a lot of DIY kits out there, and a lot of misinformation about how much you need, along with the pros and cons. I would encourage others to do some research ahead of time and Yes... expect to spend time doing proper preparation before applying your bedliner. There's a pretty good bedliner comparison article available for anyone interested in getting the basic breakdown of what's provided with most of the DIY products on the market. It's put out by one of the retailers, but seems to hold water from my research.

You can read it or download it at: https://store.sprayliningandcoatings...er-comparison/

Old 09-18-2018, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by abcflor1da

I echo glc's comment that Line-X is NOT DIY.

the DIY route.... ability to fully customize, lower cost, just plain the feeling of pride in doing it themselves, etc.

... expect to spend time doing proper preparation before applying your bedliner.
I agree completely. Line-X is not "DIY".

Where is this idea coming from that you can buy Line-X and spray it yourself? I have never seen Line-X sold "over the counter".

Prep work is the hardest part. Every over the counter spray or roll on liner is only as good as the prep. That is usually where people make mistakes.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:47 AM
Hold my beer......now watch this.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Do-It-Yourself bedliner?