F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Other Aftermarket (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-aftermarket-17/)
-   -   E3 Spark Plugs (https://www.f150online.com/forums/other-aftermarket/428711-e3-spark-plugs.html)

sam1947 10-01-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shanks12 (Post 4354310)
Didn't you read his message...

:lol:

Yes, I read the message......so.....what's the problem???? I like to up-grade from time to time, thought I would give these plugs a try. Just call me a tester for the rest of you if you want. I also have a new set of Motorcraft SP-507 on the shelf if needed.

MGDfan 10-01-2010 09:17 AM

Mr. Sam!

Many props and kudos to you sir! :thumbsup:

I, for one, deeply appreciate you trying out something new and being an early adopter.

To complement yer testing one would need a ninth plug to sacrifice: clamp the sleeve in a vice and use a torque wrench to determine the sleeve-to-body breaking threshhold. We need that value for our database :lol:

Eagerly awaiting some longer-term usage reports.

:beers::beers::beers:
MGD

Burns331 10-01-2010 10:01 AM

any mileage results.

jetech00001 10-01-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by sam1947 (Post 4354467)
Yes, I read the message......so.....what's the problem???? I like to up-grade from time to time, thought I would give these plugs a try. Just call me a tester for the rest of you if you want. I also have a new set of Motorcraft SP-507 on the shelf if needed.

sam the tester looking forward to the results :beers:good luck

sam1947 10-01-2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by MGDfan (Post 4354552)
Mr. Sam!

I, for one, deeply appreciate you trying out something new and being an early adopter.

To complement yer testing one would need a ninth plug to sacrifice: clamp the sleeve in a vice and use a torque wrench to determine the sleeve-to-body breaking threshhold. We need that value for our database :lol:

MGD

To my dear Mr MGD: I will take you up on your query and order up one plug for the 'sacrifice the plug test' :lol::beers::beers:

sam1947 10-01-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Burns331 (Post 4354588)
any mileage results.

Originally Posted by jetech00001 (Post 4354846)
sam the tester looking forward to the results :beers:good luck

Just a little running around today I found no adverse conditions, which is to say no real difference yet. This is a good thing as there wasn't anything acting up before the changeover..only time will actually tell. Mileage hasn't changed any as of yet..still can get 17-18, but this is just local driving and I don't drive that much..only about 10,000 per yr. Will keep everyone updated with this thread.:beers:

MGDfan 10-03-2010 09:16 PM

Paging JBrew !!!

I'm wondering where our resident Spark Plug Conspiracy Theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late. :confused:

Ahhh... Perhaps I need to signal him! :lol:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...batsignal1.jpg

:beers:

MGD

DarkShadowSTX 10-03-2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MGDfan (Post 4356682)
I'm wondering where our resident Spark Plug Conspiracy Theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late. :confused:

Ahhh... Perhaps I need to signal him! :lol:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-batsignal.jpg

MGD

:lol: It seems like JBrew is always on top of threads like this.

Interested in hearing some more results Sam. :beers:

sam1947 10-03-2010 10:00 PM

I LOVE the jbrew call :lol::lol::lol:. Only about 500 mi so far and no problems. I have noticed possibly a small MPG increase possibly. I have a single plug on the way for the 'MGDFAN' "Torture test". More to come later! :beers:

rjp 10-03-2010 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by mgdfan (Post 4356682)
i'm wondering where our resident spark plug conspiracy theorist is? He's been oddly silent on this topic as of late. :confused:

Ahhh... Perhaps i need to signal him! :lol:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-batsignal.jpg

Mgd

lol

thomabro 10-05-2010 01:06 PM

glad to know they are working so far, im heavily considering these plugs in a few months when i do mine.... as long as they hold up that is.

sam1947 10-05-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MGDfan (Post 4354552)
Mr. Sam!

MGD

Mr MGDfan..we must take a moment of silence for the un-destruction of the E3 Plug design. I must apologize that I have no pictures to share as of yet. I took an E3 E3.70 plug for the 3 valve 5.4L engine and secured it into my vice at the shank. My digital 1/2" torque wrench is rated to 250lb of torque. Upon trying to twist the plug, the wrench registered just under 300lb of torque with NO plug breakage. Pretty well booger-ed up the shank with the vice teeth though :D. Based on this most primitive test of torture, I for one will say that these plugs are indestructible as far as breakage. The jury will be out for a while on the longevity of the quality of ignition, but, so far so good. A final thought on breakage. If one or more decide to freeze into the head you will twist the head off the block before the plug breaks. That being said, I for one an comfortable with the thought that if they only will last for 30 to 40 thousand miles (unknown at this point)(the box claims a 5 yr or 100,000mi guarantee) that I will be able to remove them without worry.

MGDfan 10-05-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by sam1947 (Post 4358493)
Mr MGDfan..we must take a moment of silence for the un-destruction of the E3 Plug design. I must apologize that I have no pictures to share as of yet. I took an E3 E3.70 plug for the 3 valve 5.4L engine and secured it into my vice at the shank. My digital 1/2" torque wrench is rated to 250lb of torque. Upon trying to twist the plug, the wrench registered just under 300lb of torque with NO plug breakage. Pretty well booger-ed up the shank with the vice teeth though :D. Based on this most primitive test of torture, I for one will say that these plugs are indestructible as far as breakage. The jury will be out for a while on the longevity of the quality of ignition, but, so far so good. A final thought on breakage. If one or more decide to freeze into the head you will twist the head off the block before the plug breaks. That being said, I for one an comfortable with the thought that if they only will last for 30 to 40 thousand miles (unknown at this point)(the box claims a 5 yr or 100,000mi guarantee) that I will be able to remove them without worry.

Good evening to you, Sir Sam!

That is incredibly generous of you to go through all that trouble! THANK-YOU!!!

And - it's fantastic news with respect to future extraction concerns.

We may just have a winner here that will satisfy folks who seek options. Who knows - perhaps this is the impetus that NGK or Denso needs to get off their collective butts and finally produce a competitive one-piece plug.

Sam, I am humbled :bows::bows:

Next time I'm in Maine the :beers: are on me, sir.

MGD

PS - Jbrew.. WTF are you ??? Do you have any idea what the kilowatt-hours for that dang Searchlight is costing me??? :lol:

sam1947 10-05-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by MGDfan (Post 4358604)
Good evening to you, Sir Sam!

That is incredibly generous of you to go through all that trouble! THANK-YOU!!!

And - it's fantastic news with respect to future extraction concerns.

We may just have a winner here that will satisfy folks who seek options. Who knows - perhaps this is the impetus that NGK or Denso needs to get off their collective butts and finally produce a competitive one-piece plug.

Sam, I am humbled :bows::bows:

Next time I'm in Maine the :beers: are on me, sir.

MGD

PS - Jbrew.. WTF are you ??? Do you have any idea what the kilowatt-hours for that dang Searchlight is costing me??? :lol:

jbrew is probably waiting for a failure of some sort....Turn the searchlight off before you send me the electricity bill.....:eek:

LTMARK 10-05-2010 08:42 PM

E3 suggests E3.70 summit suggests E3.54, whats the right one?