Put Fog Lights On F150 4x2

Old 01-05-2001, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Put Fog Lights On F150 4x2

I have a 2000 F150 that I want to put Fog Lights on, but there are no tru slots for them. I saw a F150 driving with some small fog lights on and I figured he just mounted them. I am wondering what would be the best fog light system for the money, and would look nice too, and would be easy for someone who doesn't know much about putting stuff on a truck. I also am wondering what the difference is between the K&N FIPK and the K&N Gen II. I think they are the same but would someone please verify this for me.

Thanks

2000 F150 4x2, clear corners, snugtop, blue lights, Flowmaster Exhaust

Next: K&N, Fog Lights, Chip

Love to Get: Headers, and Lift

Old 01-05-2001, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

I just bought an airdam to put lights on mine, There is a member here who has a diagram for some brackets that he made.
I don't remember if he had a 4x2 or 4x4,though. He mounted them in some holes on either side of the front plate. It looked good. Lots of people have them mounted behind the grille. For the looks,PIAA's are tops,but I can't see spending that much on something that will catch a rock(it's just a matter of time)
Have fun choosing,there are hundreds of lights out there!,,,,98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Stillen Quad light air dam, sweet!!
Euro taillights
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
[b]Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good
Viper alarm
On the way/wheels,tires, etc..etc.......
the monochromatic boogie is done,cool!.
Come see my new pictures@ www.my-f150.com

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Old 01-05-2001, 10:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SCREAMER:
For the looks,PIAA's are tops,but I can't see spending that much on something that will catch a rock(it's just a matter of time)
</font>
Good luck breaking one . I've scraped mine against rock, tree branches, just about everything... even dropped one fromt he roof while installing it, slight ding in the lens, no shattering. However, my buddy at 4-wheel parts broke a pair of 510's by dropping them from about two and a half feet on accident one time so who knows...

The 2000 F-150 front bumper doesn't have a ton of room, but PIAA does make an airdam to replace the stock airdam, you can fit a pair of 510's and 520's in it... I'm going to be installing my airdam and lights either next weekend or the weekend after that. If you'd like a stock airdam, (I'll even include the stock fog lights, but you'll have to supply your own wiring harness) maybe I can hook you up, let me know . Not sure if the 4x4 airdam would fit on a 4x2 bumper... but I would think it would... hmm... you may have to make your own brackets for the lights as well.

[This message has been edited by mattbert (edited 01-05-2001).]

Old 01-05-2001, 11:03 PM
I had my bumper painted body color a few months ago and it's been chipped about ten times already I had no idea the PIAA's were that tough! I guess they should be for what they want for them
The airdam I bought has small oval holes(made for the platinum 1700's) The lowest I've been able to find these is $179.00 a pair,and the dam takes two pairs my own fault,lol I have found a few other lights for alot less,but not sure of the quality. I guess I should just bite the bullet and buy the PIAA's,huh,,,98

Bullsback,sorry were getting off the subject(your lights)

------------------
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Clear front corners
Euro taillights
Viper alarm

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Old 01-05-2001, 11:25 PM
hmm... I'll call on Monday and see if I can get you a better deal on the 1700's... I thought you had a 99 for some reason when I offered you the airdam, I suppose it wouldn't work with yours... bummer... who makes this airdam your talkinga bout? I haven't heard of one that is specifically designed to hold the 1700's...

Old 01-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Banned
Heres were mine are located.

and heres somemore and how i did it.
let me know and ill email you how i wired the swiches. chrishollis@hotmail.comhttp://www.f150world.com/bomber/?album=20

[This message has been edited by bomber (edited 01-06-2001).]

Old 01-06-2001, 01:01 PM
Cool

Another option for your 2000 would be the factory kit. Looks clean, easy to install, and you do not need to modify you interior for aftermarket switches if you don't want to.

Cost is a little high at around $300.00, but you get all wiring, relays, fuses, lights, a new switch, and a new lower valence.
Jeff

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat 4X2
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield
VentVisors
Class III hitch
Ford molded mud guards
Soft tonneau cover
Factory CD with changer
Tinted windows
Factory fog light kit

http://www.my-f150.com/lariatregcab/

Watch out NHL, Jagr and super Mario
Best in the buisness

Old 01-06-2001, 03:47 PM
Cool

Sorry I was mistaken about the number on the lights,if the ad I saw was correct they are the little ovals,1000's. The airdam is sold by Stillen and I believe it's made by Zenon(I think) It's actually shorter than the factory dam,but it's styled in such a way that it looks longer. It has two light holes about 1/4 inch apart on each side. I need to update my pics as the only thing the same on the front is the bumper ,,,98

------------------
Yokahama AVS/ST's
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Clear front corners
Euro taillights
Viper alarm

officialtomwaits.com
reverendhortonheat.com

WOW,what a cool site!

FENDER GUITARS ROCK!!!

Old 01-08-2001, 10:46 PM
check out my foglight install page.
it might be what you are looing for.
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Tr...htinstall.html
chuck

------------------
1999 XL, 2WD, standard cab, short bed, sport package, nascar package, bright red, V-6, 5 speed, Rockford Fosgate CD player, Pioneer 6x8. class 3 hitch, fog lights, Black Rhino Lining, K&N filter, General Grabber ST tires size p245/70/R16, Uniden Pro510xl cb, Extang Tuff Tonno 3. http://www.geocities.com/bassbuster/truck.html
I like to hang out at http://www.cooltrucks.net

Old 01-09-2001, 07:43 PM
Smile

here are mine. more pics are on my site.

Old 01-09-2001, 07:54 PM
Bullsback,
Here is what I did; air dam from Stillen with 4" lights. Plan to have painted oxford white to match the truck. Since I took this picture I have added a Street Scene grill painted black will post new pics asap.

------------------
99 XLT SC Flareside, Oxford White, Sport, 4.6l, 275/60/17 tires, 3.55LS, 4 wheel discs/ABS, Ford bedliner, Downey SST Tonneau, K&N, Flowmaster II Dual out rear catback, Clear corners. Cerwin Vega Stealth 5x7 & Vega 5 1/4 componants using 4 x 100 watt amp. 8" 1408 Rockford sub in Qlogic sub box w/300w amp. Still using stock Premium Sound head unit. Street Scene grille painted black and Stillen Storm air dam with lights (unpainted for now).

[This message has been edited by Jim A (edited 01-10-2001).]

Old 01-09-2001, 09:11 PM
My F150 does have those spots for the fog lights like yours has. Is that the airdam? I do not know much about fog lights as I have just started researching the topic, and am not going to be ready to spend the money for at least a month maybe more, but I am wondering how much your setup cost, and if I am right that that is the airdam, and if you had to put on aftermarket switches and all that stuff.

The truck is the same color as mine and I think yours looks great, as does everyone elses who posted on this topic.

Thanks

Old 01-10-2001, 07:42 PM
Hey, Jim, do you know if that Stillen cover will work on the 4x4s? I like the looks of that, and I think the round lights would look good with my KCs, as well as be functional... I could mount a set of amber lights down there to make them true fog lights....
-Joe-

Old 01-10-2001, 08:42 PM
Cool

heres mine.. Truck Masters Design.

Heres the Stillen on my 98

------------------
2001 Supercrew, white/silver Lariat,
  • gray leather capt. chairs,
  • 5.4L,
  • Expedition console,
  • Truck Master Designs front air dam w/lights
  • window tint
  • wood dash,
  • cobra hood,
  • billet grill,
  • Ford chrome tube steps,
  • Line-X liner,
  • Magnaflow cat-back dual exhaust w/stainless tips,
  • k/n filter,
  • Audiovox flip down TV
  • V-Tech tail light covers and front marker covers
  • Ventvisors
  • Astro fiberglass tonneau
http://hometown.aol.com/washyourcar/supercrew.html one50npump@aol.com

[This message has been edited by one50npump (edited 01-10-2001).]

Old 01-10-2001, 11:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... BULLSBACK : I installed a set of ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights in my air dam. Here's a pic, kind of! No A$$ jokes please!LOL! This is the only good pic I have of my driving lights online right now.

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...alsbest107.jpg

Also BULLSBACK : Don't waste your hard earned money on a AIRAID or K&N FIPK. Build your own .That's what I did and it was half the price. Plus you van customize it also. I fitted mine with a 14" X 6" x 4" K&N filter. Here's a pic

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...nealsk&n37.jpg

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Put Fog Lights On F150 4x2