Brightest legal headlight bulbs??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselWeb
HIDs FTW .............new stock halogen housings are designed differently than they used to be. Reflective housings used to scatter light as much as possible but now, they have more precise aiming of light as you can see in almost ALL newer (post 2000) vehicles. I've got HIDs in reflective housings and have NEVER been flashed or warned about my headlights. No complaints from anyone in 9 months
What brand HIDs did you go with and do they work pretty well for you so far? Thanks

Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Akornz
What brand HIDs did you go with and do they work pretty well for you so far? Thanks
I have a 2006 Scion tC and ordered them from a vendor on my Scion site I moderate. My friend with the FX2 is ordering 12000K this weekend and we're installing them Monday on his truck. I've had mine for 9 months and quality is AMAZING. Almost always, shipping is NEXT DAY!. He's a great guy to deal with and just let him know that Web sent you. The kit is 160$ (*FOR SINGAL XENON ...300$ FOR BI-XENON (2 ballasts, 2 bulbs AND a wiring harnes that has a relay built in so you run power directly off your battery rather than through your switch .......you risk frying your switch and harness if you don't have a relay)....here's his site:

http://shop.3bspecialties.com

Bi-xenon = one bulb controls both high/low beam (9007, 9004..H13.)
Single = one bulb for high, one bulb for low (9006, 9005...)

Here's mine: 5000K with rockblocker blue overlays

With a slight camera angle to show a starburst effect against the wall with the angle of the car as well:

Last edited by DieselWeb; 07-20-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I have a 2006 Scion tC and ordered them from a vendor on my Scion site I moderate. My friend with the FX2 is ordering 12000K this weekend and we're installing them Monday on his truck. I've had mine for 9 months and quality is AMAZING. Almost always, shipping is NEXT DAY!. He's a great guy to deal with and just let him know that Web sent you. The kit is 160$ (*FOR SINGAL XENON ...300$ FOR BI-XENON (2 ballasts, 2 bulbs AND a wiring harnes that has a relay built in so you run power directly off your battery rather than through your switch .......you risk frying your switch and harness if you don't have a relay)....here's his site:

http://shop.3bspecialties.com

Bi-xenon = one bulb controls both high/low beam (9007, 9004..H13.)
Single = one bulb for high, one bulb for low (9006, 9005...)

Here's mine: 5000K with rockblocker blue overlays

With a slight camera angle to show a starburst effect against the wall with the angle of the car as well:

That looks sweet. So if I tell them you sent me will they give me a better price on them So since the stock lights I have are H13, I take it I need to go with the Bi-xenons? Oh yeah, I don't want them as blue so do you know if they come in a 4000K range? THanks for the input

Old 07-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks

Well, just let Patrick know of me and he may be able to work something out .

Yes, you need H13 bulbs and yes...he has a 4300K kit.

The only reason mine are that bluish is due to the headlight covers i have on for rock protection. I'm taking them off and getting clear ones though

IM me if you have questions or interests in these lights ........webmancorvette.........peace all

Last edited by DieselWeb; 07-20-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks

Well, just let Patrick know of me and he may be able to work something out .

Yes, you need H13 bulbs and yes...he has a 4300K kit.

The only reason mine are that bluish is due to the headlight covers i have on for rock protection. I'm taking them off and getting clear ones though

IM me if you have questions or interests in these lights ........webmancorvette.........peace all
I can't send a private message since I'm still new, but you can email me at acorn96@gmail.com

Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 PM
So do the Mark LT's not come standard with xenons? I was looking on the website and it doesn't even seem like it's an option.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Not sure about the Mark LTs. With almost all newer designed vehicles, if they are going to have an HID option, they come with project headlights.

Let me know if you're interested in those HIDs and I'll let the vendor know. They are great quality. After my friend gets his 12000K, I'll post pics of his FX2 with them.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Not sure about the Mark LTs. With almost all newer designed vehicles, if they are going to have an HID option, they come with project headlights.

Let me know if you're interested in those HIDs and I'll let the vendor know. They are great quality. After my friend gets his 12000K, I'll post pics of his FX2 with them.
So what brand are those xenons you can get and is 300 the best deal you could get for the bi-xenons? I can't PM you so shoot me an email, acorn96@gmail.com. Thanks

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 AM
emailed

Quick Reply: Brightest legal headlight bulbs??