AF1 Installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AF1 Installed (pics)

Posting this in the correct forum:

Today I got the AF1 intake...decided to not wait for the weekend and went ahead and installed it. Installation only took ~1hour, the only PITA was the grommets that go around the heat sheild. I still have to adjust the outside one a bit. Here's some before and after pics:

There are more in my gallery.

As far as more power, well, I couldn't tell...but I live in a residental area so I couldn't really test it. Tomorrow morning on my way to work I'll be able to do some WOT runs on the entrance ramps to the freeway.

This weekend I'll install the Troyer E-Fans...I'll post pics and review of the install..

R/
Craig

Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Great!!
Let us know.

Norm

Old 02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks Good! One hour install is fast too; it took me approximately two hours to finish up but I had a fitment problem with the MAS hole, I had to file out the rounded corners to get the sensor in. That was a real PITA but everything eventually came together and all is well now. I’ve had mine since June of 05 and my tube is shaped different from the new ones like yours, but no complaints, it still works fine. Look how much the blue dye has faded in eight months

Old 02-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks good!

Old 02-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Suspended
Thanks for the replys...well, I got to do a few WOT runs today...using the dyno (AKA the seat of my pants), I felt a bit more get up and go thru all ranges. Keep in mind that for the past three years I drove a 90hp Golf TDI, so my feel may be a bit out of calibration. The sound is what hooked me tho, can't get enough of the WHOOOMPF (Highly techical horse power term).

jpdadeo: I got lucky on the MAS hole...no problems getting it in. I also bought the cleaning kit w/the blue oil, so maybe that will keep it blue for some time...or maybe not..

R/
Craig

Old 02-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by 26point2
Thanks for the replys...well, I got to do a few WOT runs today...using the dyno (AKA the seat of my pants), I felt a bit more get up and go thru all ranges. Keep in mind that for the past three years I drove a 90hp Golf TDI, so my feel may be a bit out of calibration. The sound is what hooked me tho, can't get enough of the WHOOOMPF (Highly techical horse power term).

jpdadeo: I got lucky on the MAS hole...no problems getting it in. I also bought the cleaning kit w/the blue oil, so maybe that will keep it blue for some time...or maybe not..

R/
Craig
great pictures and description. Is that sound you're talking about only when you hit the pedal from a stop or is it also during regular accleration. (Example: applying the throttle to 3000 RPM while going from 20 to 55 MPH)?

Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
great pictures and description. Is that sound you're talking about only when you hit the pedal from a stop or is it also during regular accleration. (Example: applying the throttle to 3000 RPM while going from 20 to 55 MPH)?
I hear that sound anytime I give it more pedal, quickly...it's cool because it's only for a short period of time then is sorta mellows out a bit..

I'll try and record an mp3 file of it and post it. I don't have anyway to do video, but my mp3 player records...we'll see how it does..

Here's a good tip for anyone installing any CAI: I know I tightened down all the clamps and fasteners when I did the install...today (one day later) I checked on it to see if I could center the intake tube in the heat shield hole a bit more, well, those fasteners were a bit loose, maybe a bit less than 1/4 turn...just something to check from time to time..

Oh, one other thing, those fan blades on the Troyer E-fans are SHARP!!! Took one out of the box, spun the fan with my hand and left a small bit o'Craig on one blade..:o

R/
Craig

Old 02-22-2006, 10:51 PM

Oh, one other thing, those fan blades on the Troyer E-fans are SHARP!!! Took one out of the box, spun the fan with my hand and left a small bit o'Craig on one blade..:o

R/
Craig
rofl thats classic, im glad the install went well, it looks very sharp. its amazing how much wasted room there is in the engine bay with the stock fans and intake. on a side note TENNESSEE BEAT FLORIDA TONIGHT...can you say....SWEEP

Old 02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey they sell the oil for those filters in all colors... Get some blue and it will be like new again.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I hear that sound anytime I give it more pedal, quickly...it's cool because it's only for a short period of time then is sorta mellows out a bit..

I'll try and record an mp3 file of it and post it. I don't have anyway to do video, but my mp3 player records...we'll see how it does..

Here's a good tip for anyone installing any CAI: I know I tightened down all the clamps and fasteners when I did the install...today (one day later) I checked on it to see if I could center the intake tube in the heat shield hole a bit more, well, those fasteners were a bit loose, maybe a bit less than 1/4 turn...just something to check from time to time..

R/
Craig
Any luck with the MP3 files?

Duke

Old 02-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
Any luck with the MP3 files?

Duke
Not yet...truck is down now...I'm waiting for a replacement part for the e-fans...hopefully have it up and running by tomorrow, Thursday latest...then I have to figure out a way to host the files..

R/
Craig

Last edited by 26point2; 02-28-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: AF1 Installed (pics)