F150 Supercab rear window headrests

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-1999, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post F150 Supercab rear window headrests

I have a new F150 Super cab and I have a kids ride in the back a lot and we noticed that even on moderate stops their heads hit the rear window. Is there anything (like head rests) or something that can be installed but still looks nice and keeps them safe?

-Brian
vbrian@usa.net

Old 10-13-1999, 04:08 PM
Are they young enough for car seats? I've not seen anything after market which addresses those concerns, but I'd venture a guess that someone must make something.

With all this said, you should seriously consider going to the ntsb website and putting in a consumer complaint. This issue could be very serious and they would appreciate your concerns.

------------------
David
'99 F150 XLT SC, STYLESIDE
4X4 ORP 5.4L, AUTOMATIC,
139wb, Rhino, K&N,
BugGuard, RainGuards
Superchip

Old 10-13-1999, 08:52 PM
Talking

Years ago "KC lights" had a head rest with suction cups on it. It was the and "KC" both in yellow. also try JC Whitney they may have something.

------------------
'99 F150 XLT SC SB 5.4x2 Harvest Gold
3.55 limited slip/ trailer towing package/slip on extender mirrors/powerstop brake controller/Covermaster 1000 topper with wing/
BugflectorII

http://members.xoom.com/firezap/truckpage.htm

Old 10-13-1999, 09:15 PM
Here is an idea. You can find a small(6"x8") inflateable passenger seat for single seat motorcycles at most bike shops. This seat has suction cups on it and I bet you could just stick it to the rear window and use it as a headrest.

Old 10-14-1999, 07:33 PM
I have the same problem. Sometimes I carry an adult in my rear seats and it seems that their heads would smash right through the rear glass if we were ever to be rear-ended. Not very safe in my book.

--Steve

------------------
1998 F-150 Super Cab XLT, 4x4, SWB, StyleSide, 5.4L, E40D Automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Med Graphite Cloth Captain's Chairs, P255/70R-16 OWL AT Tires, 3.55 LS Axle, Cab Steps, Tow Pkg, Power Color-Keyed Mirrors, Fog Lights, Cast Aluminum Wheels, 6-Disc CD Changer. Aftermarket: Pendaliner SR, Keyless Entry, Delta Deep Aluminum Toolbox, Gibson Swept Side Stainless Steel Exhaust, Airaid FIPK, Banks E40D TransCommand, Custom CB and Amateur Radio Installation. See me and my truck at http://bluecrab.richmond.edu/crab-1.htm

Old 10-19-1999, 02:04 PM
Steve,

Man the site of those crabs makes me hungry! My family is fron the Easton MD(eastern shore)area. Ever go out to Harrison's on Tillmans Island for there crab cakes! Make you want to slap yo Mama!

Old 10-28-1999, 03:34 PM
I test drove the shovie before deciding on the Ford (I knew I wanted the Ford anyway).

The shovie's back seat has it all over the Ford. There's more room, a better recline angle, and built in automotive headrests. Seems like a curious omission on Ford's part.

------------------
'99 XL 2x4 4.2L SC 5-Spd SC Black over Silver
Penda Liner, Chrome Tubular Step Bars, Prime Designs Bug Deflector

Old 10-29-1999, 11:48 PM
Thumbs down

I was rear-ended last month in my 99 S/C. The other guy was doing 30mph upon impact (I was stopped). Nobody else was with me, but I guarantee anybody in the back seat would have shattered the rear glass, if their skull didn't shatter first. NOT A PRETTY THOUGHT!

Old 11-28-1999, 04:05 PM
Cool

I beleive J.C. Whitney and several others advertise a head rest set that is mounted to a bar taht spreads inside of cab walls. They are not shown specifically for Super-cabs but act as an add-on for bench sseated std cabs. I like the moterbike idea too. Has anyone tried the rear seat riser kits? Are they worth the money?

Quick Reply: F150 Supercab rear window headrests