F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.f150online.com/forums/northeast-90/)
-   -   Parking in New Jersey Condo (https://www.f150online.com/forums/northeast/418802-parking-new-jersey-condo.html)

wpblack 06-02-2010 09:52 PM

Parking in New Jersey Condo

so ... today was a very unusual day to say the least. I recently moved up to NJ last week from SC for work and the company is paying for everything. The condo that they rented for me wasn't ready so they put me up in an extended stay hotel for a week (which sucks). So the point of this story ... I woke up at my new condo this morning got ready for work and left at 5 am. As walking to my truck i saw a notice that stated it was illegal to park "pickup" trucks at the complex on my windshield ... because they were trashy????? I just drove 11 hours 650 miles ... and i have no where to park my truck. The Home Owners Association president gave me the only advice he knew of and that was to sell my truck.

Does anyone else find this absolutely crazy?? Because I do ... :coffee:

jgger 06-02-2010 11:32 PM

Vehicular discrimination-I'd call the ACLU !!!
Seriously I wouldn't put up with it, if it wasn't disclosed when you got the place then I'd fight them. It's a legal vehicle, I think Hummers with bling-bling wheels are trashy---Guess that is why they make chocolate AND vanilla!!!

thejake1989 06-02-2010 11:37 PM

ive heard of stuff like that before and id fight the hell out of it or move to a different place frankly. from you sig i see you have a kr which you can show them the kbb value or sticker if you have one to show that it is in now way trashy.

keep us updated i really want to see how this plays out if you decide to fight it

mav015 06-03-2010 08:19 AM

where in the hel in jersey
where im from in jersey aint like that at all
i would fight that im beetin theres a whole bunch of vehicles that could be called "trashy" lookin and urs aint one of them

Nettershakes 06-03-2010 08:26 AM

My buddy used to live down here in Boca and the complex he lived in also had a no pickup rule. He drove a small stock ranger. (smaller then most cars). The association let him park almost a mile from where he lived in a community lot thing. Its ridiculous.

lovetrucks 06-03-2010 04:34 PM

Never saw a "no truck" rule. At least not for a pick-up. Most of them are nicer than cars!

wpblack 06-03-2010 05:49 PM

yea this was deff. a crazy few days ... but i think i have it resolved now. I'm going to appear in front of the board for the Home Owners Association this coming Tuesday. I didn't wanna make the point on here but as some of you have already stated ... How the hell is my truck trashing up the neighborhood and the '88 all primer honda is fine???? I don't see how this is any different than being sexiest or raciest or any of that lol. but hopefully everything will work out. I wish I had a scanner so I could post the lease for this place because there are more crazy things than just no pickup trucks. You must have your flashers on when unpacking and packing your "car" even when parked in a parking spot ... this is way more than a southern boy can handle. haha

Btw this condo is in the town of Mount Laurel.

jgger 06-03-2010 06:49 PM

This is what happens when you give people with no clue any kind of power!!
Go gett'em on Tue and resist the urge to play whack-a-mole!!! ha ha ha!
Good luck and let us know how it went.

IDNC76 06-03-2010 07:57 PM

One member on here - Screw-me-05 - had that same issue. he put a top on the bed so now its an "Suv" and he was able to park. :lol:

Just an idea...

I've been to North Carolina before and if its anything like SC, be prepared for a change. Everything is so much faster, people are more rude and can not drive.

Enjoy beautiful NJ lol

mav015 06-04-2010 08:51 AM

mt laurel im there all the time
where at
im bettin if they see you truck theyll be ok with it. It not like you have a ridiculous lift ot super loud exhaust.
and if they dont like it what the rule in parking in the grass?

wpblack 06-06-2010 12:30 AM

well guys got bad news today ... The HOA is not going to allow me to park my truck for any reason at all. Since my company has already signed a lease for a year they are not willing to give me any more money towards housing. Looks like my only option left is to park at a gas station up the road and walk home everyday ... which will really suck ... I called the HOA today and asked for a detailed listing of what can't be parked in the lot (thinking i could play with the wording) and maybe add a bed cover, but they don't have any detailed paperwork, just a lease that says no pickup. But my question what really makes a pick up ... a "pick up". I know in chevy the SUV and 1500 share a frame so the only true difference is the pick up has a open bed right? i know many large 3/4 ton SUV are registered as trucks, so would it be worth it to raise hell at the HOA and tell them if I can't park neither can the larger SUV?

jgger 06-06-2010 01:39 AM

Or the Hummers or Escalades Or El Camino or Bronco with the top off or....
Sounds like somebody has some splanning to do Lucy!

jakester05 06-06-2010 02:01 AM

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard! EVER!!

Screw-Me-05 06-06-2010 07:53 AM

Thanks ray, It's true i live in a condo and had the same issues with the "NO PICK UPS OR COMMERCIAL VEHICLES" at any time or will be towed at owners expense. So when i moved in 8 years ago i didn't have a truck but a small car and after hurricane Wilma destroyed that car i went and got the truck not remembering what i signed and had stickers put on my truck for warnings of being towed and had a meeting with "THE BOARD" and they said that there were no rules against SUV's so rather then buying a new vehicle i bought a $1200 cap and they agreed to it and was happily ever after till i sold the truck a couple of weeks ago and don't have to worry about it ever again till i buy another truck with cap again.
2 weeks old sticker on it.http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture307.jpg
Cap on. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture434.jpg
New ride. and they still break my balls about backing in but there are no rules against it.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Picture438.jpg

papajohn 06-06-2010 09:12 AM

buy a 1982 pos that has 3 different color primers. smash the fenders with a sledge hammer and put duct tape on the lights. also make sure you drill a few holes in the muffler so you have some "leaks". oh and it has to be an oil burner because it needs to make a lot of smoke on initial startup. "oh im sorry mr hoa there's no rules against my s--tbox car". use this to drive back and forth to your truck to make a point to them. i bet theyd be begging you to drove your truck there then with all the complaints they could get from homeowners seeing and smelling that thing lol.