Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Parking in New Jersey Condo

Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papajohn
buy a 1982 pos that has 3 different color primers. smash the fenders with a sledge hammer and put duct tape on the lights. also make sure you drill a few holes in the muffler so you have some "leaks". oh and it has to be an oil burner because it needs to make a lot of smoke on initial startup. "oh im sorry mr hoa there's no rules against my s--tbox car". use this to drive back and forth to your truck to make a point to them. i bet theyd be begging you to drove your truck there then with all the complaints they could get from homeowners seeing and smelling that thing lol.
Thats the way! Look into those older diesel cars. I know a person with an old vw bug that makes more diesel smoke than a few of the powerstrokes.
Also, loosen some of the bolts on the exhaust to get that pleasant little buzzing noise.

Last edited by Longshot270; 06-07-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Well looks like im not going to be able to get my truck parked into the parking lot. They say my fines are starting tomorrow and i'm not going to pay $25 a day for parking. I wish i had a better solution, but i know im not going to get rid of it. I think that i'm going to take some of your solutions and find the biggest piece of **** i can and park it in the lot.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Screw-Me-05
Thanks ray, It's true i live in a condo and had the same issues with the "NO PICK UPS OR COMMERCIAL VEHICLES" at any time or will be towed at owners expense. So when i moved in 8 years ago i didn't have a truck but a small car and after hurricane Wilma destroyed that car i went and got the truck not remembering what i signed and had stickers put on my truck for warnings of being towed and had a meeting with "THE BOARD" and they said that there were no rules against SUV's so rather then buying a new vehicle i bought a $1200 cap and they agreed to it and was happily ever after till i sold the truck a couple of weeks ago and don't have to worry about it ever again till i buy another truck with cap again.
Nice rig you got there Neil.

When i first saw this thread , I immediately thought of your "SUV"

Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by papajohn
buy a 1982 pos that has 3 different color primers. smash the fenders with a sledge hammer and put duct tape on the lights. also make sure you drill a few holes in the muffler so you have some "leaks". oh and it has to be an oil burner because it needs to make a lot of smoke on initial startup. "oh im sorry mr hoa there's no rules against my s--tbox car". use this to drive back and forth to your truck to make a point to them. i bet theyd be begging you to drove your truck there then with all the complaints they could get from homeowners seeing and smelling that thing lol.
i would definately do this.

have you talked to the your company that found you the place yet?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
well i did some looking on craigslist up here and found my "SUV" its a 1988 ford bronco and i'm pretty sure this thing will count as a "SUV" but i talked to the going to pick up up friday and its only 900. He said it runs great and i hope he is telling the truth. But its got some bondo on it and looks a little on the ruff side, but its a ford so you got to love it. I'm thinking the first thing im gonna do is cut the muffler off and make some noise in the hood. I think this will prove my point and there isn't **** they can say about it. I love how this situation is turning out haha. heres the ad for the SUV http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/1783882090.html

Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Hahaha. nice. Go ahead and stop by lowes or home depot and get some spray paint on the way back to the condo complex. maybe write suv on the side? or just paint the panels different colors.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
haha i love it ... this couldn't have played out any better ... @jpf150 I think a nice multicolor paint job would be great ... i even have some money saved up that i might give her a good ol' southern camo paint job haha
*you can take me out the country ... but you can't take the country out of me"

Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM

I hope these guys **** their pants when they see it haha. I do like the camo paint job idea. Heck, stick one of those long cb antennas with the ***** on them, some truck *****, and train horns. haha the list just keeps going on and on...

Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
That will only work if there are some other SUVs there though. If you will be the only one with an SUV then they might enact a "new" rule...but you would still be able to argue a grandfather clause.

Looks like you might be able to prove a point and get a second good off road vehicle out of it.

Just looked at the add. Very sexy, you will be too busy wiping their drool off to get anything done at home!

Last edited by Longshot270; 06-09-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
ahah ... i can't get over this find ... it was ment to be ... but yea there are plenty of SUV in the parking lot ...but this will be by far the worst one and every car here is like 2003 or newer so ill have everyone beat by a decade haha gotta love it ... they are gonna try to get this one banned somehow but all the lesae states is "No Pickup Trucks" written just like that sooooo ... i don't think there is anyway they can get around that one haha ...

Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 PM

They sure cant get out of it unless there is other small print, but you said there isnt, so you should be good to go. Best of luck to you, if I was close to you I would offer my assistance on making it a "country" truck. ahaha

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Just hope they dont make a new rule about age. I've seen RV parks where the RV cannot be older than 10 years. But like I said in the last post. You'll be "grandfathered" in. I'm playing devil's advocate so you can be better prepared. I know (from experience) that they will try to get rid of you somehow.

...also look up the state law for exhaust decibles. Get it as close as you can to the code, ESPECIALLY if you leave early in the morning.

And your right, it was meant to be. lol

Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
@Longshot270 thanks man i know they will try everything they can... they have already complained about my truck and it actually has a muffler on it ... this thing is gonna be annoying as hell (for everyone else) ... and yea i leave really early like 5 in the am for work soooo.... everyone is going to hear me ... i think i saw from the picture that this bad boy is 4X4 so thats a plus ... but dought if it works ... i just asked the guy if i could drive it home and he said he drove it without any problems and pulled his 23' boat on the weekends so i'm guessing everything is good to go.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
You can also look up the wire color for the "run" wire in the steering harness and put a push button switch that is connected to the ground. Then in the morning you can have "trouble" and need to romp on it just by giving that button a few taps. Thats how you kill one of the motorcycles I have, just ground out that wire.

At the moment I can't think of anything else they could throw at you. Just make sure it can pass inspection and is within the local laws. If it is then they have to just put up with it or give you special permission.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Please let us know what happens. I am looking forward to hearing about this one!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking in New Jersey Condo