Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Summer Pennsylvania Meet at raystown lake pa

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Summer Pennsylvania Meet at raystown lake pa

OK Everyone please pay attention. This is important.

OK, so we have made contact with the Raystown lake and I have bad news. First- In order for Raystown to host us they want to charge us $250 per day. Now I know that people will be traveling to this meet from as far as 200 miles away or more. So I didn't want people to have to pay for anything at the lake once they got there. I wanted this to be a free meet. So that means Raystown is out of the question.

Heres the good news. We have found Swigart Auto Museum which is basically right near the entrance of the lake. The museum is located right on Rt. 22 (For detailed directions please visit the website of the auto museum. Myself and Justin have both been in contact with them and they are willing to host us for free. ($5 to get in the museum) Here is a map of the location. We are going to host the meet at the Swigart Auto Museum on the morning/afternoon of Saturday June 12th. And in the afternoon we will take a cruise to get something to eat and then take a nice cruise down to the lake. (More info on this below). By looking at the google maps you may think that there isn't enough parking but there is. Swigart staff informed me that we can take up the parking lot and all of the grass in front and if needed we can park on the sides as well. If you wish to camp at the lake on sunday that is up to you. I know that some of you have made or are trying to make hotel reservations, but from what Justin has found is that alot of them are already fully booked around the lake. I apologize with the delay in info. Thank you Justin and Chris for helping out!

Cruise to the lake.

Now, on the afternoon of the 12th we are going to relocate to a spot on the lake that Chris (06cobalt) has found for us. He has already reserved this location for us and it will be available all weekend. As soon as I have the exact coordinates, I will post them for you. *(I will have this info tonight)*

Saturday June 12th:

Meet at Swigart Auto Museum (10am is the earliest)

Hangout at the museum until early/mid afternoon.

Around 4pm/5pm ish leave museum and take a cruise to the lake.

Spend the rest of the night at the lake. We can cook out there.

Sunday June 13th:

Spend the day doing whatever.

We will be at the lake so you can do as you please.

Hang out, swim, fishing, eating....do whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lake Information:

1. I reserved the Tatman Run Pavilion for the 12th & 13th. ( the cost is $50)
We can fit around 60 cars in that parking lot, plus there is a lower lot as well.
There is 2 grills for cooking, but no power. We can bring our own generator as long as it is not loud. There is water there as well.
2. The cost of camping is $20 per day. ( you can have up to 2 tents and 6 people at 1 spot)
There are showers and restrooms at all camp area. as there are grills and water at
each camp site.
here is a list of camp sites.
BAY CAMP - 155-170 ( does have a speed bump getting in and some tent spots)
RIDGE CAMP - 1-43 ( ok for tents)
SENOIA CAMP - 172-261 ( tens maybe)
MEADOW CAMP - 44-86 ( good for tents)
VALLEY CAMP - 87-111 (good for tents)
POINT CAMP - 112-154 ( ok for tents)
SUSQUEHANNOCK CAMPGROUND ( not sure)
3. No cost to get into the park.
4. You can bring your own grill
5. Pets are allowed as long as they are on a 6 foot chain
6. Address Raystown Lake, 6145 Seven Points Road, Hesston, PA 16647
7. RULES

Reserve a campsite for your next visit by calling (877) 444-6777 or on the web at www.recreation.gov

CAMPING

1. All campers, including those with reservations, must have a permit before entering any camp area. Visitors to your site must obtain a Visitor Pass from the Entrance Station.
2, You must occupy your campsite each night. If you cannot, notify the Entrance Station. Your camping equipment is to be set up on your site within 2 hours of registration at the Entrance Station.
3. You must be 18 or older to register for a site. The site holder is responsible for the actions of those at their site.
4. Camping is allowed only on designated sites. Camping permits cannot be transferred to other per sons or units.
5. Each campsite is allowed 10 persons [inclUding visitors) and two camping units, one of which must be a tent [except Meadow Camp).
6. Sites in Meadow Camp [44-59 and 68-86) are 8uddy Sites, A total of 15 persons and two wheeled units are permitted on these sites. Each unit may also have a tent. Only two vehicles may be parked on the site at a time.
7. Remove all of your camping equipment from the campground when you check out.
8. Refunds are available for any paid and unused nights. All refunds will be processed by NRRS and will be refunded in the same form as original payment. Cash payments will be refunded in the form of a check
9, Check-out time is 4:00 p.m. If you plan to extend your stay, you must re-register by 9:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled departure date.
10. Universal access shower and restrooms are avail able in Point and Senoia. Visit the Entrance Station for information.

BOATS

For the convenience of our campers with boats, but not camped on a lake-front site, an overnight boat moor ing pass may be obtained from the Entrance Station. This will permit you to moor your boat along the shore line in Twin Hollows and in the area north of the Seven Points Launch. The mooring pass must be displayed so that it can be seen from the shoreline. You may not sleep in your boat overnight.

VEHICLES

1. Two camper vehicle passes and one visitor pass may be issued to each campsite [two motorcycles = one vehicle]. A maximum of three(3) passes will be issued per site,
2. You are allowed to park only two registered vehicles on your campsite. Auxiliary parking lots are available for additional vehicles.
3. Vehicles that are not issued passes will not be allowed in the campgrounds. These vehicles should be parked in Mushroom parking area, or in one of the day use area parking lots.
4. Do not park vehicles on the grass or along the road way, Boat trailers may be parked on the grass at your
site.

VISITORS

All visitors to the campground must obtain a visitor pass [if one is available) for their vehicle from the Entrance Station. These are valid until 10 p.m. of the date of issue. It is especially important that visitors leaving your site and not returning, drop off their passes at the Entrance Station.

SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS

1. Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. Excessive noise that unreasonably disturbs other campers is prohibited at all times.
2. Do not cut standing dead or green trees. You may use wood that is dead and down. Lanterns are not to be hung so as to damage trees or limbs. Nails, axes, etc. are not to be driven into trees.
3. Camp and cook fires must be confined to grills and fireplaces. Do not leave your fire unattended. Put it out completely before leaving the campground.
4. Dogs, cats, and other pets must be kept on a leash [six feet or less), caged or physically restrained. Pets are not allowed in public buildings.
Don't place chains around trees,
Don't leave your pet unattended at your site, in your unit, or vehicle, Loud and continuous barking will not be tolerated.
Clean up after your pet.
5. All fireworks are prohibited. Loaded firearms and other projectile firing devices are not allowed in campgrounds.
6. Keep your site clean and free of trash and litter. Deposit all trash in area dumpsters prior to depar ture, Remove all refuse from your grills before you leave, Liquid wastes such as gray water are to be dis posed of at the dump station. Do not wash dishes or other articles at the water fountains, hydrants, or in the sinks in the restrooms,
and may take up to six weeks to process, Please notify the Entrance Station if you depart early.

RESERVATIONS

1. All rules and regulations also apply to those campers who have obtained their site through the NRRS.
2. Campers with reservations must stop at the Entrance Station to check-in prior to occupying their site, If arrival is after the station is closed, you may occupy your reserved site but must check-in by 10:00 a.m. the next day. Sites that are reserved will be marked the morning of the reservation date.
Campers are not to change the reservation signs.

Extra trash bags are available from the Entrance Station or a Ranger and at the Visitor Center.

I think that covers everything

If you guys have questions please feel free to contact me.

Also if you know for a FACT you are going to attend PM ME.

Attendees'
1] Cobaltxfe09 - Mike
2] 06cobalt - Chris
3] tylerh - Tyler
4] FullmetalCobalt - Cody
5] brianulrich01 - Brian
6] BlackonBlack09 - Josh & Crissi
7] baltfromdaburg - Chris
8] BlakdOut07LT - George
9] cfoster - Chelsie & Walter
10] B-Low187 - Bryan
11] lucksturbocobalt - Guy
12] n323er - Ryan
13] Evilution - Matt
14] Kyle4236 - Kyle
15] CBodnar - Chris
16] ssscgirl - Jill & Hubby
17] NaturalNoobie - Jeff
18] taerae86 - Tara
19] bignicky1
20] Kevimac'sCobalt - Kevin
21] camopaint0707 - Jared
22] Zanrith -
23] lobalt - Christy
24] ff_drift_lol - Mike
25] BluEco -
26] PAGrunt -
27] wantedSS/TC -
28] yellowcobalt2.4ss -
29] mongorat427 - Jeff
30] mike06 ss/sc - Mike
31] Vash90909 - Brian
32] gdubs - Geoff
33] Spiceredm606 -
34] Chevy-SS - Justin
35] deebsr6 - Brian
36] Evan - Evan
37] They_call_me_Godly -
38] redninja6r - Greg
39] greddy1387 - stephin
40] civrex - danny
41] PsychoCam - Chad
42] sjsikora -
43] D-Rob - Derek
44] Cpt.Slow - Colin
45] HIValicious - Vik
46] Billig_ss/sc - Ross
47] bushy3846 - Brandon
48] soundbalt - Scott
49] SleepingSol - Josh
50] YoPhuhQ -
51] Chevy Cobalt 08 - Eric
52] carmenboost - Carmen
53] slyderdai-Derek
54] vpec13 - Vito
55] 2pointwhoa -
56] 92F20Bhatch - Ryan
57] USAMPDUFFY - Chris
58] EvvyDukes -
59] Leveecius -
60] *boostinss* - Kevin
61] bbrewbaker-Brian
62] Dc5-rs - Russ
63] wargo - Mike
64] ChazimusZX4ST -
65] Devil Who -
66] redline87 -
67] slipster17 -
68] blue08mz3hb -
69] greddy1387 -
70] Clutchfoot -
71] Black08SS/TC -
72] mwilliams1021 - Mark
73] VictorSmalls -
74] WannaBFast5 -
75] mr2dsm - Chad
76] Baron7700 -
77] samijo0703 -
78] carz n' horses - Christie
79] Stubri51 - Brian
80] widowedight -
81] cobalt tubo ss -
82] Giggles2012 - Amber
83] SS-BLUE-SS - John
84] ilovecars -
85] thefuzzypenguin -
86] slowswap -
87] WNY Cobalts -
88] ForsakenOutlaw57 -
89] LamboW9
90] Cobaltracer09 -
91] BryteYellow - Kaycie
92] TommyB681 - Tom
93] boostedef91 -
94] 423 - Chip
95] BlueFlash - Nathan
96] 09linkedG5 - Michelle
97] SLIQ - Kevin
98] boostedef91 -
99] 423 - Chip
100] Evan -
101] G5blackout - Gunnar
102] Bloodburner -
103] sjc0013
104] Adam84
105] izze1020
106]
107]
108]
109]
110]

Last edited by camopaint0707; 06-03-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 PM
no takers for this?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 AM
wow still no interest?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind going. What's going to be going down there? food and drinks? Do you have to pay? I don't see where it says anything about the event. So give us more info on it.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I PM'd him the other day about it. He hasn't been on for a few days. Hopefully he comes back soon because I'd like to know more about it too.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess we will never know. oh darn.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Here's the PM he sent me back:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707
It's really up to you, there is a huge lake there so you can bring a boat kayak jet ski whatever, camp, hike, pictures, check out the other cars, cook out, play games, tons and tons of stuff
Sounds like it'd be a good time.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Do we pay to get in or is it show up and party? I would like to bring my jet ski to ride there as well Oh that reminds me I need to fix the ground on my truck. That would be fun. If I find some people to come up with me I'm there. But as long as I don't have school yet I'm game.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by LateKnightRides
Do we pay to get in or is it show up and party? I would like to bring my jet ski to ride there as well Oh that reminds me I need to fix the ground on my truck. That would be fun. If I find some people to come up with me I'm there. But as long as I don't have school yet I'm game.
You don't have to pay anything to get in you might if you want to ride your jet ski not sure I live not to far from the lake. I might have to ride up there when this happens.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Anyone know the address for this place so I can just punch it in my GPS? I've tried lookin it up on Google but can't seem to find anything.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Ok guys, sorry I don't frequent this forum more often
Try this for an address Shy Beaver Boat Center, RD#1 Box 178A, Route 26, James Creek (814) 658-3777
Me and a few others are making a trip to the lake soon to organize this and inform them that we are coming with 100 some cars. Its free to go there and hike and such. Probably costs money if you wanna camp over night, not sure but we will get the details then.
Here is the list of the website to raystown lake. http://www.raystownlake.com/Default.htm
There are TONS of things to do there for a weekend, plus the added benefit that its basically turned into a car show.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Things to do there
Racing Tracks

Hunting & Fishing

State Parks & Hiking

Performing Arts/Culture

Hiking & Camping

Beaches

Caves & Caving

Dining

Special Attractions