Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Yo Brewdude... How is it going working on the truck??? Where are the pictures????

Well it was a very frustrating day today. It seemed as if nothing went right. I decided to mount my amps on pices of wood, just for ease of mounting and whatnot, so I did. Looks good right.....

Well, until I tried to put the seatback, back on. It wouldn't fit. The amps stuck out to far. So I had to pull everything off and mount the amps without the wood, and try to get them alittle lower. Theres not much to mount to back there, so thats why I put the one on an angle. It was the only way I could get screws in it. It actually looks pretty good that way.....

After I finally got the amps mounted I installed the new door speakers, omly to run into another problem. THe tweeters i have, have( had ) a metal mesh grille on them, the grille stuck out to far so when I went to put the cover trim for the door back on, it hit them and wouldn't snap into place. Against my own will, I cut the grilles off the tweeters to get the panel to fit. A few other minor things here and there but I finally got it all installed. I was able to get the crossovers in the front armrests, get the rear speakers in and hook up the subs before it got to dark. It sounds pretty good right now, but I still have to make all the adjustments to the amps. Here's a couple more pictures. I was so excited I finally had time to get it done, I didn't take many pictures. I still hve to clean up in the back, tie up and neaten up all the wiring and get the seat back on, so maybe I'll snap a few more pics tomorrow.

BREW

Old 09-04-2006, 02:00 AM
A couple more...

BREW

Old 09-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Brewdude, that looks awesome and congrats on the progess. Send me more pics when you get more down. Stereo installs def can be a pain in the a*s..... (BTW sorry if my typing is off, been out to the bar for a while tonight)

Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Brewdude, how the rest your weekend go on ur truck?? Get everything finished??

Old 09-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Brewdude, how the rest your weekend go on ur truck?? Get everything finished??

Yup, it's all in. I just have to fine tune everything. It sounds pretty good right now, but once I get it dialed in, it will sound much better. I gotta get my subs set right, if I get it to loud they start to distort and thats not good.

BREW

Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice. Glad to hear everything went well!! You have ur big weekend coming up this weekend.... Have fun...

Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice. Glad to hear everything went well!! You have ur big weekend coming up this weekend.... Have fun...

Yup...were getting all the details ( food and beer) figured out now and I'm leaving early Friday morning. To bad you can't make it. Next time you gotta..

BREW

Old 09-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah I def. hope to make the next one. With school just starting makes it hard for me to get a full weekend off without work... Let me know how it goes and lets see some pictures!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey Brew nice pics!!!! Did you run across any problems with ford when you did your exhaust? Voiding your powertrain warranty or warranty?

Old 09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
Hey Brew nice pics!!!! Did you run across any problems with ford when you did your exhaust? Voiding your powertrain warranty or warranty?

Nah..not yet anyway. Plus on my 04, that thing was in the shop more than I drove it and they never once said anything about the exhaust voiding any warranty.

BREW

Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey Brew say Vaders pics looked like a fun time. Sorry about the scratch, is it a surface scratch or deep one? Wish I could have gone. I would prob have dented the same running board also. Hey on the lighter side im putting the radio thing off for awhile gonna concentrate on the exhaust first. My buddy gave me his audiophile system last week, gotta admit not a bad sounding system with the sub and all, just plug and play had it all in in 30 min. I will stick with this for the time being

Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
Hey Brew say Vaders pics looked like a fun time. Sorry about the scratch, is it a surface scratch or deep one? Wish I could have gone. I would prob have dented the same running board also. Hey on the lighter side im putting the radio thing off for awhile gonna concentrate on the exhaust first. My buddy gave me his audiophile system last week, gotta admit not a bad sounding system with the sub and all, just plug and play had it all in in 30 min. I will stick with this for the time being

Hey Smk, Luckily the scratch isn that bad, I already have 95% of it out. I just gotta go over it a few more times and It will be gone forever Thats cool your buddy gave you the audiophile system. I've never heard it, but Ive been told it sounds good. So what exhaust are you getting? You gonna get a cat back kit or have a shop weld something in? The modding never stops..after Vader literally walked away from me when we pulled out of the gas station the other day, I REALLY want a tuner now. BUT..I also want to lift my truck..Ughh, when will it stop?

BREW

Old 09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Hey Smk, Luckily the scratch isn that bad, I already have 95% of it out. I just gotta go over it a few more times and It will be gone forever Thats cool your buddy gave you the audiophile system. I've never heard it, but Ive been told it sounds good. So what exhaust are you getting? You gonna get a cat back kit or have a shop weld something in? The modding never stops..after Vader literally walked away from me when we pulled out of the gas station the other day, I REALLY want a tuner now. BUT..I also want to lift my truck..Ughh, when will it stop?

BREW
Brew, go get that Tuner... I have it in my truck and love it.... Really changed the power of the truck and when towing, I love it....

Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Brew, go get that Tuner... I have it in my truck and love it.... Really changed the power of the truck and when towing, I love it....

I know I know...man I need a second job to afford my habit I'm actually waiting for Troyer to do another group buy. He talked about it a few months ago but we haven't heard anything yet...Hopefully soon.

BREW

Old 09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
I know I know...man I need a second job to afford my habit I'm actually waiting for Troyer to do another group buy. He talked about it a few months ago but we haven't heard anything yet...Hopefully soon.

BREW
I thought he said he was not doing anymore of them.... What is the price when not on the group buy. I know we get a discount for the F150 site...

Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey