NEWS: Ford Truck Team Presented with Texas-Sized Trophy

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NEWS: Ford Truck Team Presented with Texas-Sized Trophy

HOUSTON, Jan. 25, 2012 – The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) today presented Ford truck team members with the prestigious Truck of Texas trophy at an awards luncheon inside Reliant Center – home of the 2012 Houston Auto Show. TAWA named the 2012 Ford F-150 Truck of Texas after the annual Truck Rodeo in October. The nearly three-feet-tall trophy now travels to Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri, where the award-winning truck is built.

“We are honored to receive this trophy on behalf of the hardworking and dedicated employees who build this truck with pride,” said Doug Scott, Ford Truck Group Marketing manager. “This award means a lot to us, and we thank the Texas Auto Writers Association for validating what our customers have been telling us about our Built Ford Tough F-150. We appreciate their recognition of the quality of our trucks.”

A total of 48 vehicles were entered in the rodeo and evaluated by the 57 registered TAWA members. TAWA is one of the largest associations of auto writers in the U.S.

Following the truck rodeo, Mike Herzing, president of TAWA, said, “Texas consumers put their trust in TAWA’s automotive journalists. After lining up vehicles from major auto manufacturers, our members determined Ford simply had the best trucks and crossover. But the real winners here are Texas’s truck buyers. Ford delivers the trucks that fit their lifestyles.”

Ford swept seven additional categories for its trucks, crossovers and EcoBoost™ engine technology. Trophies were also presented for the following awards:

•Truck Line of Texas: Ford Motor Company
•CUV of Texas: 2012 Ford Edge
•Heavy-Duty Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Duty
•Luxury Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost
•Full-Size Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
•Mid-Size CUV: 2012 Ford Edge Limited
•Outstanding Feature: Ford EcoBoost Engine Technology

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing the news! Very glad and please that it is still gaining recognition. But still waiting for any light on how 2013 models will be. That is the year I will be buying my first Truck!! In the meantime will keep doing research for a year now!!

Again thanks!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very cool...and icing on the cake for me? except for the running boards, that King Ranch in the pic looks exactly like my truck!

Quick Reply: NEWS: Ford Truck Team Presented with Texas-Sized Trophy