Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring Question

Hello, I just bought a JVC KW-NT800HDT double din multimedia HU. In the directios it has a couple wires I need some advice on. First is the parking brake wir, which Im pretty sure I can just connect to ground and it will work. Second is the reverse gear signal lead. I think this is for the reverse camera which at the moment am not hooking up, but if I ever do where is the best place to grab that connection. And third is the speed signal lead. Im pretty sure that is for the nav., but I dont think you actually need to hook it up for it to work, and have read that when it is hooked up it is kind of a PIA. Well any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Nobody yet. I want to get working on hooking this thing up today, so any input would help. Thanks

Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
3 places for the revers wire

1, the transmission
2, the tail lights,
3, drivers side kick panel.

1 - don't try it
2 - it works
3 - don't have to run the wire all the way down the truck to use it.

On mine I ran the wire at the same time I ran the rear view camera cable.

The reverse wire into the HU is only to tell the HU that the car is in reverse and to switch to the rear view camera input. Some HU's can detect that the rear view camera is on and will switch to it.

Well anyways, if you are going to add a rear view camera you are going to have to get power to the rear view camera. And to get power to the rear view camera you need to tap the power line going to the back up lights. You can tap directly into that line, or if you are **** you can install a relay so you don't overload your precious rear light wire with the .3 amp the camera is going to draw.

Anyways, the wire on my truck is Black/Pink (Black with a pink stripe). Just take off your rear tail light, as if you are going to change a bulb. I would not tap into the line near there though, just look at what color your wire is going to the white light. It is more than likely in a bundle under/behind the bumper going to the other side and other light.

Now remember what that wire looks like, go take out the kick panel on the drivers side and you are probably going to see 3 or 4 plugs one with 5 or 6 wires in there and that reverse light wire (the rest are your parking and brake light wires).

Quick Reply: Wiring Question