Is there a trick to IR headphones?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a trick to IR headphones?

My 05 has the rail mounted DVD/Screen but the headphones do not seem to work. No sound.

They are on, changed the batteries, video plays, just no sound. I can hear it by using the tuner, but I want to listen to music while the back seat watches a movie.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

I did replace the factory head unit with an aftermarket, but had never tested to see if it work before. I would not think there is any dependency on the factory head unit to work with the IR headphones.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM
I wonder if this is related and the flash update is applicable if still available...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51...ll-issues.html

Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I dont think so, its not the factory Johnson Controls system.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
TK5
Is the disc drive built into the overhead screen or the head unit? Did you install the aftermarket head unit? Is the overhead screen oem or aftermarket? Did the headphones work with the factory head unit? If using the dvd drive from the head unit, then it is possible that someone did not hook up the audio cables that feed the overhead screen.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by TK5
Is the disc drive built into the overhead screen or the head unit? Did you install the aftermarket head unit? Is the overhead screen oem or aftermarket? Did the headphones work with the factory head unit? If using the dvd drive from the head unit, then it is possible that someone did not hook up the audio cables that feed the overhead screen.
Its and aftermarket Myron and Davis with the dvd player and screen in the rails. I called them and there is nothing that connects to any aux input. It's just the FM modulator which works and the IR which does not. They want me to send it in for repair, the ir blasters are not firing at all. Super lame.

Quick Reply: Is there a trick to IR headphones?