F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.f150online.com/forums/midwest-89/)
-   -   Representing Indiana (https://www.f150online.com/forums/midwest/129444-representing-indiana.html)

36fan 09-22-2003 02:06 PM

Representing Indiana

:thumbsup:

Had to get Indy on the board!

For all of you that didn't know, the F-1 race is at IMS this weekend!:rocker:

Rockpick 09-23-2003 10:12 PM

Indy Shmendy... LOL!

When are you going to pump some work down to Louisville? Oh yeah, we're doing some work for Beam now (I think we're doing it at least... not sure if we have the signed proposal back at this point). Thats Turkey and Beam now... :)

You all doing much 'low-flow' sampling?

36fan 09-24-2003 09:30 AM

No, we aren't doing any low flow sampling. I've got a friend at ARCADIS and that's all he's been talking about for probably 3 years.

I got a call from PEH (our Louisville office) yesterday wanting info about doing Ph 1s. He had a copy of the 1995 ASTM standards and wanted to know if they were OK to go by:rolleyes: And he knew they had been updated in 2000!

I should of just told the guy to get the job, and build enough time and mileage into the budget for me to come down and do the assesment!

Rockpick 09-24-2003 11:52 AM

That or you could sub it to a competent company in Louisville and charge a mark-up. :D *coughLFIcough*

We're doing about 5-8 P I's per week right now. It's keeping two guys in our office 100% billable each week (and has for the past month +). Interest rates being this low has REALLY spurred a flurry of activity on the refinance and purchase side of commercial banking.

Seriously though, if there's ever anything down here that you think we could team up on and such, let me know and I assure you that I'll do the same if we're up in Indy.

I think I've asked you this before but, do you run across August Mack much up there?

RP :D

36fan 09-24-2003 01:15 PM

5-8 ph 1s per week - wow, I imagine that would keep a couple of guys busy! I'm working on 3 right now, and that's aout 60 hrs of work.

We compete a lot w/ August Mack. We just got a brownfield that we beat out August Mack, DLZ, QEPI, and a couple of other firms on. I think it helped that we did about 6 tank pulls there and the company they hired to do the Ph 1 had to constantly refenced our material, and the site is about 3 blocks from the office.

My predescer here left and went to August Mack as a sales rep, and I've heard that he is often stopping by the local banks trying to get steal our work...

Do you guys do much w/ air? I just had to send a client to another firm for opacity testing.

Rockpick 09-24-2003 02:20 PM

I'm Method 9 Certified... Did they just need someone to read opacity or did they need monitors and such assembled?

We're literally doing 5+ Phase I's with probably 2-5 screenings mixed in at the same time. We're linked with a couple of large banks here in town and, I suppose, we're the exclusive provider for environmental work for them. It's a good relationship I must say.

AME sales rep... hrrm... how long ago? I probably know him... John?

We're in the final phases of one of the largest IN brownfields projects to date out of Tell City and, naturally, chasing a few others.

I like being busy but, here lately, it's almost more than we can handle.

I'm trying to keep a good balence of field work (to keep my butt out of the office) and managment work (this Yakima, Washington project is about to kill me--I'm the PM) but, here lately, it's been pretty much all paper (with the exception of a recent trip to Washington and Montana for sampling). It's a great problem to be busy but, it's wearing us down... hence, we just hired two more people to cover the contract that we have with GE here in Louisville.

Again, like I said, if you have anything that pops up down here that's petty and just need to sub it out to keep the cost down, give me a yell. Being a smaller firm, we can make decisions out of this office and hence, that has allowed us to be very flexible in growing our business and making sure that we meet every client's needs.

Project Geologist

HAHAHA!

36fan 09-24-2003 06:33 PM

The guys name was Lars Halvoson, or something like that. let me know next time you guys are hiring, I'll send another resume down. maybe someone else down there will offer me a job again:D

If I had known you could do opacity testing a couple of weeks ago, I would have referred him to you. I ended up sending the client to SESCO - they were the only ones that I knew that did that kind of work.

Right now I've got 3 Ph 1s going, then I have to start on 4 SPCCs. Oh, and I have to get a POS SVE running again - what a pile of dung. Being busy sure beats the alternative...
But then again, you get to go on vacations out west and get paid for it!

Geologist/Environmental Scientist

:D

Rockpick 09-24-2003 08:03 PM

Yeah, I hear ya man.... things are ultra-busy.

You all have a PE on staff to sign off on the SPCCs?

eposey 09-24-2003 10:53 PM

Indy :thumbsup:

I live about 20 miles south. Lets see some pics of the IN guys' trucks.

zbornac 09-25-2003 01:49 AM

Whats up Eric. The truck looks a little different than when I last saw it.

Here some pics of my truck for everyone:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...2243-64780.jpg
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...2243-64781.jpg

eposey 09-25-2003 09:26 PM

I love your L man. I have been doing a lot of mods this summer. I think all I had was the blackouts when you saw it :D

36fan 09-26-2003 10:58 PM

You all have a PE on staff to sign off on the SPCCs?
Yep, we got the PEs. My company is primarily engineering - ww treatment plants, water treatmetn plants, bridge design, road design, etc... - our area of enviromental is the stepchild of the company.

I live about 20 miles south. Lets see some pics of the IN guys' trucks.
Eposay, where are you located? I'm in the Columbus area.
I'll upload some pics when I get a chance

Rockpick 09-26-2003 11:26 PM

I totally forgot that you were in Columbus 36.... I played golf up there about 2 weeks ago in a scramble at Otter Creek. Very nice course!

Oh yeah, I know Lars.... and, in fact, I believe that he's moved on from AME now... I actually talked to him on the phone about a month ago when I fielded a phone call (our secretary was on lunch) and it was him asking for one of our owners to let them know of his change of venue.

Looks like we might have snagged another mega-site out in Montana too. I hate that I'm going to have to spend more time out there... muahahahhahahahaa... I'm taking my golf clubs again and going to enjoy the BLUUUUUUUUUUE sky.

Picture from last week out in Anaconda, Montana at the 'Old Works' -- a Jack Nicklaus course built on a former Superfund site.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...1874-70564.jpg

www.oldworks.com

36fan 09-27-2003 01:15 PM

Wow - that's beautiful! what use to be there?

I've heard nothing but good things about Otter Creek, but I'm not much of a golfer. Although, several people have been trying to get me to take up the sport lately...

Next time you're up this way shoot me an email.

zbornac 09-27-2003 01:41 PM

You might have to drop me a line next time you are up here in Montana.

-Kimball