Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

My F-150's first test

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My F-150's first test

Well I have had my truck 3 weeks now and have done some moderate off roading for work but nothing to exciting. Saturday I was on my way home and I saw 2 FedEx trucks stuck in the driveway of an abandoned house. The first truck had drop its front tires in a ditch that was about 3 feet deep, the rear was right tire was barely on the ground. The 2nd truck had tried to pull around to pull him out; he had his front left tire and right rear tire in a different ditch, it was all muddy he had sunk in. I still had my tow rope so I hooked up to the second truck, I would like to say I shifted my truck into 4-wheel low but its just a switch, that is one of the things I wish that could be changed. I started off slow and steady and dragged the truck about 5 or 6 feet down the ditch and he popped out. Then I ended up having to go through the same ruts this truck had made to get to the 1st truck. I wasn't sure how this was going to work because the frame behind the front tires was sitting on the ground. I switched to 4-low again and it just took one steady tug and the truck came right out. The FedEx guys were happy because it was like 6pm and snowing, they gave me some money which I just put in my pocket, I only took it because my tow strap got snagged and I will most likely need a new one. $60 bucks for about 20 minutes of work nit bad, but I also got to give my truck its first test. The 5.4 has some power didn't even rev to high or spin my tires.
Later Nick

Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Spinning tires = you're not getting things done.

Glad it worked out for ya and the FedEx guys are safe.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks man! I say that because my ScanGauge II was prolly on board one of those trucks. When I buy things I try and have them shipped via FedEx. They're way faster than UPS

Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM
SUB,
I live in VB also, Where they get stuck? There wasn't enought snow...lol

You wheel anywhere around here?

Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VBTOY
SUB,
I live in VB also, Where they get stuck? There wasn't enought snow...lol

You wheel anywhere around here?
they got stuck in a driveway on Princess Anne Road between Seaboard and Holland. It was the weight and mud that cause the stuckness of the 2nd truck, the first truck would had been stuck even if it wasn't wet but I think the rain caused him to slide in and impaired his vision.

I go to the outer banks for the most part, I have ruined enough trucks in the mud. I do get to wheel sometimes at work being a Land Surveyor big farms on the Eastern Shore and Suffolk can be fun at times.
L8R

Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Do you go off roading very much around here. Ive had my truck for about a month now and im wanting to hit something up

Old 01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
My wheelin consists of while being on job (work) or going south (not work) to the OBX, i see lots of muudy trucks around I guess you may have to follow one if you see one. I know some of the guys I see are wheelin on construction sites and private property, I stay away from that stuff.

Quick Reply: My F-150's first test