Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Yea Ha - Real Snow is in route

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea Ha - Real Snow is in route

Finally we are going to get a real snowfall for the first time this year.

I can't wait....

Old 01-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Vader, did you get to play in the snow? Down here in Tidewater it only rained with a little ice and snow.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Yea I went out but it ended up being only about 8". I did drive through some...unpaved fields....which was fun....but it really wasn't as much as I was hoping for.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RandallT
Vader, did you get to play in the snow? Down here in Tidewater it only rained with a little ice and snow.
Unfortunatley I had to drive back from MD is that ****. It went from snow to sleet to snow, back to sleet. Did ~120 miles of nothing but sleet. Had to stop twice to break ice off of my wiper blades! Around Williamsburg it turned into rain, thank G-d. Made it back to Norfolk in one piece.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear you made it back ok Pony. I guess you wouldn't happen to know anywhere around here to take the trucks off road do you? Take care.

Randall

Old 02-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by RandallT
Glad to hear you made it back ok Pony. I guess you wouldn't happen to know anywhere around here to take the trucks off road do you? Take care.

Randall
Nah man, wish I did. There's always Nags Head, but I'm a little leary of taking my lardassed rig onto the sand in stock setup. 5K lbs on 4 wheels is bound to leave a mark, (or me stuck) I'd be more comfortable with some MTs or AT's with low pressure. I just saw someone in the offroading section that has their location listed as Hampton too, you know him?

I do have one prospect for offroading...maybe. A guy I work with is planning on taking his range out with his cousin and her fiance, they run Jeep trails up around Chickahominy somewhere. If I had the money I'd open a huge trail(s) somewhere so people would have a place to play.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I agree Pony. Someone told me today about a place in Surry called Slades Park. Ever hear of it? It is supposed to be across from the Surry Power Plant on Rt 10.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

I am in Norfolk, and all these pansy asses I know are arfraid to use their trucks. I go to nags head every couple of weeks. I think that I am going down there this weekend. Most likely sunday. I need to find some mud though. By the way, a stock truck will do just fine as long as you air down to about 10 psi. You most likely wont get stuck, but what is the fun of going offroad if you cant get stuck. The best stories and memories come from getting really stuck...... Let me know if you guys are interested in getting up, and getting dirty........ I dont know anywhere good for mud, but I sure have a lot of fun in the sand.

Adam

Old 02-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Adam, are the beaches open before you get to Oregon Inlet or is that where you get on? I know during the "Tourist" months you can only get on there. I'll see if I can get the wife to ride down on Sunday....no promises though. Are you going to be around?

How about you Pony?

Old 02-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Adam, I just talked to the wife and she reminded me that the Super Bowl is on Sunday, so would you want to go down Sat morning and play on the beach for a little while?

Old 02-04-2005, 07:47 AM
I've heard of Slades before...isn't that geared towards jeeps though? (I'm not against Jeep BTW) I have been right in front of the Surry power plant ONCE while I was looking for a place to hunt dove, lots of open country out there.

Unfortunately I can't make Sunday trips anywhere really. My wife works on Sunday and I have the boys. My 3 year old would love wheeling, but the 3 month old would probably pitch a bitch with all of the rocking. Then angain maybe not... I'd hate to stop on a trail to change a diaper or warm up a bottle though.

I'm going to start a Tidewater thread for a roll call. I see lots of bad assed trucks running the roads around here, there's bound to be a few more of us on this board.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry Randall, I couldnt get on the other day. Internet at school was down. I went to Corolla in nags head, which is the north end. There is a lot more beach there to play on, not to mention the huge system of sand roads and trails they have there also. The only way that you can get on the beach in the tourist areas in the off season is to have a N.C. beach buggy sticker. Your truck has to be registered in N.C. to get this. We got some great video and a couple of pictures, so I will try to post them here, I dont know how to do the video. If you have any idea please let me know. Went with 2 factory jeeps that these guys go all the time, and had a blast. There was deffinately some deep stuff......never got stuck, but pulled a jeep out twice. Too much damn fun.....

Bitchin'

Adam

P.S. We all need to get up some time and make a mass run down there. Just make sure to have a fresh coat of wax. Some of the trails get a little tight, minor brush rub. No big deal, the fun far outweighs the brush.....

Last edited by midnight99; 02-08-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Yea Ha - Real Snow is in route