F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lincoln-blackwood-mark-lt-75/)
-   -   Update on getting the tonneau cover to operate without using the Computer (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lincoln-blackwood-mark-lt/518007-update-getting-tonneau-cover-operate-without-using-computer.html)

J Bish 04-15-2018 02:57 PM

I got my Tonneau Cover to work without the Computer .

I wired the keyed switch in the console to operate the lift motor clutches , the bed lights , & the cover locks .
Using 2 double pole single throw relays wired to the overhead console switches & the raise - lower motors makes the cover operate like factory .
The only drawback is that all safety features are bypassed , but it is hard to smash your hand if you are sitting in the drivers seat .

J Bish 04-27-2018 10:30 PM

Update on getting the tonneau cover to operate without using the Computer

We are working on Wiring Diagrams for 1 the operation of the Clutch , Locking Mechanism & Bed Lights , & 2 Motors raising & lowering the Cover .
Also , we want to make a Video of the Installation . I see by the number of hits that there is interest in our results .

ManualF150 04-28-2018 10:16 AM

What would be neat is if you use an arduino or raspberry pi to control the cover.

J Bish 04-28-2018 05:37 PM

Reply to Manual F150

Our Electrical Diagram uses the truck keyed switch & over head console switches , but is fully adaptable to using a Smart Phone to do the control of the Cover .

J Bish 04-29-2018 05:03 PM

Tonneau Cover video demonstration: Update #2

My Grandson came into town and we were able to shoot a video demonstrating the use of relays in lieu of the factory computer, to make the tonneau cover operate in a factory manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-E...ature=youtu.be

glc 04-29-2018 09:09 PM

Please stop starting new threads. I've asked a moderator to merge the threads again. When you have more to add, it's customary to reply to the existing thread. Thank you!

JackandJanet 04-29-2018 09:36 PM

Merged - again. As glc said, please just add any new updates to this thread. Don't start new ones.

- Jack

J Bish 05-01-2018 12:31 PM

Wiring Diagrams

2 Attachment(s)
I have uploaded the modifications to the wiring of the Tonneau Cover to replace the Computer . I bought the relays from Grainger for $12 each . Total cost of this project is less than
$75 . Any questions , please reply .

J Bish 05-01-2018 07:33 PM

Relay model

1 Attachment(s)
DPST relay

J Bish 05-29-2018 03:30 PM

I see that many of the Blackwood owners have looked at the Tonneau Cover wiring diagrams , & I would like to know if anyone has used them .
Any questions ,. ask me.

Wags02 10-18-2019 11:09 PM

I've printed the info, hope to get started on it soon. The only thing left in the console is the key switch and wires laying in the bottom (buying used - ya pay yer money, and take yer chances). Can u just bypass the key switch - maybe an on/off switch, if it controls power to the entire tonneau system5

J Bish 10-19-2019 12:08 PM

Update ongetting the tonneau cover to operate without using the Computer

I used the keyed switch to make sure the power was
on till I lowered the cover . If you use a toggle switch , you could accidently turn off the power ,& the top would fall down. Jon B

Aaron Cauley 11-21-2019 06:06 PM

where can i purchase the wireing diaigram

glc 11-21-2019 08:24 PM

You don't have to purchase them. Links are in post #8.

millers44 12-13-2019 12:36 AM

One of the main options my tonneau cover should be is reliable and easy to use. Also, as a plus would be water-resistance. It's always hard to find the cover, which would be optimal choice for you from all the best tonneau covers manufacturers suggest, but if you will read all the positive and negative sides from different models of cover, compare their prices, then it would be much simpler.