A Few Questions Before I Take the Plunge! - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT
A Few Questions Before I Take the Plunge! > A Few Questions Before I Take the Plunge!
Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

A Few Questions Before I Take the Plunge!

Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
A Few Questions Before I Take the Plunge!

Hi everyone!

Iíve been reading through your forum about the Lincoln Blackwood. I have always wanted one since I first saw one about 10 years ago. I finally located one that I am interested in located not too far from my location. It appears to be in great condition, but has over 90K miles. So I wanted to ask a few questions before I went to see it.

1) Is 94K way too many miles on one of these, provided it runs great now and I plan to put about 5K miles a year on it.

2) I would like to take it on vacation once a year, it is about 1,500 miles round trip...would this be too risky? My concern would be a breakdown...say the water pump or alternator would go out, would I be able to get those parts? Are there any parts that would stop me dead in my tracks that I could not replace. It would be a nightmare for my wife to breakdown and not be able to get parts for days or weeks.

Those are my main concerns right now. I would not be buying this as a collectors car, or a hobby car. I would be using it for my primary vehicle. Not as a work truck, I work from home and so I donít commute. Any advice or info you could share would be much appreciated.

Mike

Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 PM
I presume you are talking about the 2002 which I understand is the only year it was sold in the USA. It has a 300 hp 32 valve DOHC engine. As far as I know they are great trucks. Buy it! Lincoln later sold a luxury a Mark LT for a couple of years.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:18 PM
glc
No worries about the mileage. Parts except for Blackwood-specific ones should not be a problem.

The 5.4 4 valve engine was used in 1999-2004 Navigators plus some Mustangs so it's not by any means a rare engine. Water pumps and alternators and stuff like that won't be hard to find. Most other mechanicals are used in other Fords.

What you WILL have a problem finding is a power tonneau cover module. Those are LONG gone.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:00 PM
I really appreciate the feedback from both of you. Great info! I read either on this forum or another forum I was looking at, that there was a company in Iowa that would rebuild the modules for $250, there was also another guy that devised a way to wire the motors to bypass the module?

I think I’m closer than ever to pulling the trigger and getting a Blackwood!

Thanks again!

Old 02-09-2018, 01:22 AM
glc
At least a dead tonneau module doesn't disable the truck.