Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Need Help with 2002 Blackwood air conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with 2002 Blackwood air conditioner

Hey I have a 2002 Lincoln Blackwood. It went through a few batteries due to an issue with the air suspension. The AC console won't turn on now, I have checked the fuses and they all look fine. I'm pretty sure the actual system works save for the console. Everything else works fine can someone please help me? I have not taken it apart and am not entirely sure how to, I've also heard that it has a lot of f150 parts that are compatible and could be switched out as well.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax smith
Hey I have a 2002 Lincoln Blackwood. It went through a few batteries due to an issue with the air suspension. The AC console won't turn on now, I have checked the fuses and they all look fine. I'm pretty sure the actual system works save for the console. Everything else works fine can someone please help me? I have not taken it apart and am not entirely sure how to, I've also heard that it has a lot of f150 parts that are compatible and could be switched out as well.

Fuses: checked how? Which fuses - all of them? Visual inspection is worthless - need to use a DVM or test light.

Explain: "I'm pretty sure the actual system works save for the console...". "pretty sure" ??? Ambiguous. How did you determine this? Is the HVAC console display illuminated? If not, can you still operate heat/cool/ fan functions?

Do you see/hear the A/C compressor clutch engage? Specifics would be nice. I cain't 'see'through the 'Net today, nor do I have me mind-readin' apparatus handy, ATM. lol

Define: "Everything else works fine...".

Not at all certain this specific HVAC console has an F150 equivalent.... have you investigated this apart form yer assumption?

To be honest - given yer rather 'murky' explanation, you don't seem all that confident to diagnose or repair this - and without a lot more specific, detailed info derived from a cogent diagnosis, there isn't much folks can do to help you at this point.

I'd take it to a competent HVAC-savvy shop or a dealer.

BTW - I don't see a point in posting a generic pic of a functional HVAC unit - why not post one of yours in it's current condition? And IF that IS yours, the pic appears to show an active HVAC console ....?

Good luck
MGD

*** Hey Karl65 - don't ye ever sleep? Start postin', son! Ye been lurkin' long 'nuff! ***

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-13-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help with 2002 Blackwood air conditioner