Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Changing out the fuel filter.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Changing out the fuel filter.

Can any one tell me the size of the fuel line disconnect tool I will need on my Blackwood? Just realized I should do the fuel filter change, even though I only have 23,... miles. I have to assume that the previous owner didn't change it either. Looked at my workshop manual & it's located just under the driver's side door, but doesn't give the removal tool size for the gas filter line. Anybody have any firsthand knowledge of this procedure they would like to pass on to all of us other folks that have not attempted this chore, & how often they change their filter?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Had to remove your other thread as only one per subject is allowed.

You should change the filter every 20,000 to 30,000 miles, at most. I forget the sizes you need but the outlet is smaller than the inlet on the later modle 150s, so I would just buy the set. Only costs about $10. There is a writeup on how to in the Articles and How-To section.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the set of tools at Autozone, supposedly its the gray one, but those "quick" disconnect couplings are really a pain in the *** to disconnect, hope you can do better than me, 1 hour to change a fuel filter...

Ramon S.

Quick Reply: Changing out the fuel filter.