Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

How Many Blackwood owners are still here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that would be it!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by newtcopa
that would be it!
I looked at that truck on Saturday. The dealership was asking 20K. Then they called me later during the day and and said anything over 18K gets it. Then I see they have it sale priced for 14.9K in the Dallas Morning News. If you got it close to that price, it was a steal! That truck was beautiful and looked perfect! Very low miles. I already have a Blackwood and couldn't get my head around owning two of them but was very tempted.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:15 AM
thanks

15 to my door in Joplin!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by newtcopa
15 to my door in Joplin!
How did the Blackwood look once it arrived? What was the story on that truck? Someone bought it new in Dallas and stuck it storage?

Some of the original owners were funny and didn't drive them much. From July 2008 until last month my Blackwood was only driven less than two thousand miles.

Last edited by nickelmania; 11-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Like most, when they came out I said someday. Well 2 years and 18,000 miles ago it happened! My Blackwood has 72,000 now with the normal lift gate problems. I'm in Southeast Arizona, and dirve it to work everyday.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Still drive mine everyday everywhere

Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM
new owner

Just picked up an 02 Blackwood from my brother-in-law. He was trading it in on a new car and couldn't stand to see it go. My son and I partnered on it. Very nice with 47,000 and drives like new. Two things we would like to do is replace the stock muffler with a system that is a bit more aggressive. If anyone has a suggestion we are open. The other thing is the nav is very antiquated and would like to replace the area with the non nav console insert. Does this exist? We would have better results with mounting a Garmin in that area. Pictures coming soon.
Brian

Old 02-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by CKillian
Just picked up an 02 Blackwood from my brother-in-law. He was trading it in on a new car and couldn't stand to see it go. My son and I partnered on it. Very nice with 47,000 and drives like new. Two things we would like to do is replace the stock muffler with a system that is a bit more aggressive. If anyone has a suggestion we are open. The other thing is the nav is very antiquated and would like to replace the area with the non nav console insert. Does this exist? We would have better results with mounting a Garmin in that area. Pictures coming soon.
Brian
Brian, I installed a Flowmaster Super 44 on my Blackwood. It sounds fantastic. Not too loud and not too soft. Press the gas and you can definitely hear it.I dumped the exhaust under the truck for a clean look. (No exhaust tip showing around the truck) Can be installed in 45 minutes at a local muffler shop for around $180.00 You can also go to the Flow master site and listen to their sample cars.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Your navi

Originally Posted by CKillian
Brian
would you be interested in selling your navi system?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by lincoln-segal
would you be interested in selling your navi system?
you could simply get a console tray from a lincoln navigator to replace it, if you are interested in selling the navi i would be interested! mine broke and i need a new one thanks!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 AM
140,000 miles running strong ! Magnaflow exaust , 24 inch Rims , had minor problems with the tonneau but replaced all that with 6 inch after market actuators and don't have the navi in the console but cut the upper pocket out and it fits my power acoustic dvd player like a glove !

Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by WoodInDaHood
140,000 miles running strong ! Magnaflow exaust , 24 inch Rims , had minor problems with the tonneau but replaced all that with 6 inch after market actuators and don't have the navi in the console but cut the upper pocket out and it fits my power acoustic dvd player like a glove !
Looking for details on your tonneau fix. Mine has been down for some time now.I use the emergency trunk release to get in. just tie a piece of nylon rope to the "T" handle and snake it out of the tailgate/door. I still rather have it work like it's supposed to or find a fix that works sorta like it's supposed to.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jim Blackwood
Wow, 22k. That's phenomenal. I've got like 120K on mine now. The suspension finally loosened up and it rides like a dream, in fact I may eventually put the old shocks back on it. Been a good truck but I've had intermittent operation of the tonneau (have to remove power for it to reset), one blown out spark plug (from the bad robot at the ford plant), and a recent problem with cowl shake that I hope I've resolved finally, mainly related to the repair of the blown plug. But it's a good truck and I like it a lot. Oh, I also had the heater core leak which meant I had to totally dismantle the interior. That was a pain but the copper core was only about 50 bucks. I'd buy it again, but mainly because they put my name on it. Florence, KY

JB
This is strange. Just joined and saw this reply. I rarely see Blackwoods but a few days ago I was at the local parts place in Florence, Ky buying parts for my F150 and someone had a Blackwood in the lot. Lol! I'm from Union, Ky. Small world if this was you.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM
ftd
Blackwood in Orlando

I bought my BW 2007 woth 3900 miles. Now has 35,000. Original owner was a Ford dealership N. of Atlanta owned by a guy named Wayne Blackwood. Truck has been great but tonneau cover module just puked out.

Frank

Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ftd
I bought my BW 2007 woth 3900 miles. Now has 35,000. Original owner was a Ford dealership N. of Atlanta owned by a guy named Wayne Blackwood. Truck has been great but tonneau cover module just puked out.

Frank
Get some pics in an album and post them. welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: How Many Blackwood owners are still here?