Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Tonneau Cover Quit Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonneau problems

Ok...so I pulled all three fuses and re-inserted them. Nothing. I'm going to try again tomorrow, but wait an hour before re-inserting them. Expecting the worse, can anyone tell me where the module is, and how to I find instructions on replacing it. I can't find any info on repair of my Blackwood anywhere.

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Pull up my photo album. there is a copy of the instructions on it. the module is behind the front stainless panel on the right side

Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Angry tonneau only works when really hot outside

Hi everyone, I need some help identifying the problem that im having with my Blackwood. so my tonneau only works when its approx, 100° out other than that, the tonneau does not work with the remote nor the inside buttons by the sun roof. another funny thing is that the inside door ajar sensor does not pick up that the tonneau is open and the lights in the bed do not turn on, it just seem as if it totally gets disconnected from the car. please help this is frustrating.

Thank you in advance.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Evidently the control module for the tonneau cover has been made obsolete by Lincoln. Anyone know of a source to get one?

Old 01-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Well my control module died and my search for either a new or used one has proven unsuccessful.

It appears the "manual" release (in the fenderwell) has a cable attached to the lock mechanism. I have not removed any of the panels to check things out but have been thinking about a solution. Any thoughts if a power door lock mechanism with a remote might be fabricated in the lock linkage to provide access. Any thoughts?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Wondering if you replaced the module,,,,,and if so where did you find it ? Mine just went bad also

Old 07-10-2016, 03:33 PM
i see no help,,,,,,mine just went also, were you able to locate one

Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I came up with a fix that I'm happy with....as you know modules are no longer available. I ended up "hard wiring" the lift motors, electro-clutch and the unlocking mechanism using power from the aux power receptical in the bed. I used a two button power window switch to operate the unlocking mechanism and the other for the up and down. The switch is installed in the rear of the cabin next to the rear seat.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Quit Working