F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Lightning (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning-50/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP ANYONE... I have No power to my fuel pump on my 2000 ford Lightning (https://www.f150online.com/forums/lightning/516065-please-help-anyone-i-have-no-power-my-fuel-pump-my-2000-ford-lightning.html)

Michael Diodato 11-12-2017 08:58 PM

PLEASE HELP ANYONE... I have No power to my fuel pump on my 2000 ford Lightning

How are you all ? I'm Mike anyway and heres my dilemma, so while driving my 00 Lightning i had small incident with a wide tree stump, clipped my cab corner.. So, I changed out my cab and found another black Lightning but it came from an 04. Ok So I wanted the same key and since ince this cab didn't come with a column i didnt have much choice anyway so most was the same but some things in the column were a little different but everything plugged in and buttoned up with a little manipulation... Now after i got it all back together minus door panels and headloghts it started up at first for a sec or two but then sounded like it ran out of gas and I heard no pump.So I guess it started off whatever was left in the the fuel rail So I checked the power to the fuel pump.. (Bed is off) No power.. ?... Ok all fuses are good.. Relays I swapped out with my old dash I know they work.. I tried to jump the relay but still no power to the pump.. ??.. I'm thinking a Ground I missed maybe, its not the theft because it started and no theft light... Also now if I hit my horn the Right signal lights up on the cluster... Can anyone think of anything off anything off of the top of your head that would directly effect the fuel pump from a cab swap.
THANKS SO MUCH for any insight...

Roadie 11-12-2017 10:11 PM

Inertia switch?

Michael Diodato 11-12-2017 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=Roadie;5226295]Inertia switch?[/QUOTE

It has power and I switched it out with another relay

Michael Diodato 11-12-2017 10:24 PM

And I jumped it with a wire to run constant and nothing

Michael Diodato 11-12-2017 10:26 PM

Also jumped a wire to bypass switch still no power.

DHFerguson 11-21-2017 07:39 AM

When this happened to me on my 1st Lightning, I spent a month chasing it through 2 dealers and replacing a few parts... It turned out to be a burned-out ballast resistor for the fuel pumps. Lightnings have 2 fuel pumps that are fed through a ballast resistor to run them a half speed during normal operation. During start-up, or, when under boost, the resistor is bypassed to give extra fuel. It's mounted on the intercooler pump mounting bracket under the radiator.

I got my 2nd Lightning because this happened to an owner in New York and they couldn't find the problem, so, they auctioned it off. I found out about it and bought it cheap, splitting the difference with the new owner after telling him how to repair it.

Michael Diodato 11-21-2017 05:10 PM

Thanks everyone

I cleaned off a few grounds and plugged on tbe battery and it just worked... im surprised because i didnt even take them off.. maybe the cpu just set..plugged in battery and she fired right up thank god...