Lightning

Someone shoot me, I am thinking the unthinkable

Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Someone shoot me, I am thinking the unthinkable

I am torn right now, since I bought the old Bronco I don't drive the Lightning much anymore. So I am thinking maybee I should sell it to someone who will really wants it.

It is a shame it sits under a cover 90% of the time.

I haven't made a decision or what I would want for it, but it looks like it might be time for me to move on.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
6 years is a long time for me to have the same vehicle. I'm getting the itch, too. I don't have as much into mine as you do; but, I stand to lose a lot when, and if, I decide to sell.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Don,

Here's my 2-cents
I was in that same boat for a while... Do what you would enjoy the most...

You only live once so if there's something else you would rather have or do then I say go for it... Week before last I was sitting on a plane on the way home in a foul mood from numerous flight delays on top of a lousy work week that was topped off with splitting up with my girlfriend the day I was heading home. (I just found out a couple of days ago I hit million miler status that week and I'm only 38 so that should give you an idea of how much I travel for work...frustration is the norm) The plane was full and loaded and the only seat left that I could see was next to me when the pilot said they were going to wait for a passenger that had just arrived and was on their way to our flight... Great I thought another delay... Well to make a really long story short the passenger they waited for was a 24 year old Army soldier that lost both legs in Iraq going home for father's day. He has 2 kids, his only regret is that he can't run around in the yard with his kids, others in his company were injured, one was killed... Not one single negative thing was said by him, he was thankful of all he has... After that experience I was so humbled I now count all my blessings and will never take anything I choose to do for granted.

Sorry for the long reply but after months of thinking about selling my Lightning and Jetta then having an experience like that I said the heck with it and I bought my Porsche the following Monday...

Good Luck

Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 PM
But the other side of that is NOTHING (I repeat NOTHING) can replace a L.
So many of us that sell come back, and those that dont mostly wish they could. The 02 was the longest Vehicle I've ever owned (3 decades and close to 100 rides). It just aint the same doing it in a sports car, or another truck, or a Chevelle, or whatever else. Once you get to a certain point there's no going back if performance is still running through your veins..

The good news is coming back a 2nd time (and even a 3rd) IS MUCH BETTER

Don I think your insane, think of it like a gun, it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have ; o )
If you decide to sell I wish you the best and let me be the first to offer 5K cash (can you drop it off tomorrow ???)

I wish you the Best in your decision Bro BUT must say again DONT DO IT!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Moving on is something we all do,...but to be sure we all regret it.

Let it sit under that cover till hell freezes over if you can afford to.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
don't do it!!!! especially if its paid for, lol

Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 AM
don if you sell that truck i will make my dad buy it.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Don check your phone.. i sent you a text message last night..

Old 06-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by E-luzion
Don check your phone.. i sent you a text message last night..
Mike
Resend it, as I don't have a text message, or call me

Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Don by you posting what you said you are having second thoughts and are wanting the lightning community to talk yu out of it.But do what you feel in your heart and mind and yes there will always be times if you do decide to sell that I wish I kept it.but after all it is just a vehicle the PEOPLE is what makes it great and you will always be welcome whether in a pit at FFW or on the boards.STan

Old 06-26-2007, 08:16 AM
that's exactly what i went through with my mustang. it was so hard to give it up but i never drove it. maybe go to the gas station to get beer but that was it. sucked even more when i got the call not 24 hours after it was sold that the kid blew the heads on it.

having purchased the truck already the sell made the transition easier. i miss the mustang a little bit but i don't regret the sell.

there will always be another one for sell when i do decide to purchase one again. plus there are a lot more oppurtunities to use my truck for what it's designed opposed to the mustang

Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't do it Don! Look how many people buy new ones after they sold thiers. You know what you have, don't sell it only to buy one from someone else. I don't drive mine much either, but sometimes I go down to the garage, pull the cover off her, open a beer, and just look at her! Nothing can replace it!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Luck Don!

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
i sold and came back in 6 months.
Guy this car has to be almost paid off if not already. what does insurance run you? 100-200 a month. Just keep it and get something else and then your insurance will go down even more on the L!!! Just think how many thousands of dollars you will lose selling.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ruslow
...but after all it is just a vehicle the PEOPLE is what makes it great and you will always be welcome whether in a pit at FFW or on the boards.STan

To SOME it's just a vehicle, but to the Car Crazy people their Hot Rod is a hell of a lot more.

And although You and I (and SOME of the others) will always welcome Don, watch how ****** fast the people around here and the other forums throw him to the curb and treat him like a red headed step child that just raped their sister once he doesnt own it.

Do what you feel is best, everyone gets sick and tired of the same thing after a while (thank god for hookers)
(some just realize what they lost and realize there is no replacement)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Someone shoot me, I am thinking the unthinkable